Star Wars Design Thread!

A thread to post KSP versions of Star Wars vehicles! Must be stock, so other people can build them, and that's about it! I wonder if anyone would make a 1:1 scale death star? It's over 100,000km across! Just be sure to have a mechanism to blow it up if you do the trench run!

Hey Dafni, how about this...

Image may contain: sky and outdoor

3 hours ago, Dafni said:

One name springs to mind immediately: @Jett_Quasar

His hangar of Star Wars craft is impressive, both in looks and performance. And he was constantly coming up with new ones over the years.

Jett, bring it on!

or maybe...

No automatic alt text available.

- Jett

Edited by Jett_Quasar

12 minutes ago, Dafni said:

now thats what I am talking about!

Dude!  To see then extent of my Star Wars insanity click HERE.  Most of the stuff is still being worked on and hasn't been released yet, but I'm planning on getting it done over the next few weeks or so.

- Jett

Edited by Jett_Quasar

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎2‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 11:16 PM, Jett_Quasar said:

Dude!  To see then extent of my Star Wars insanity click HERE.  Most of the stuff is still being worked on and hasn't been released yet, but I'm planning on getting it done over the next few weeks or so.

- Jett

I saw your photos, holy cow! I really like the AT-AT! Can it walk though? And if possible, .craft file link?

38 minutes ago, The_Cat_In_Space said:

I saw your photos, holy cow! I really like the AT-AT! Can it walk though? And if possible, .craft file link?

Making an AT-AT that looks good is extremely difficult... making one that also walks in the stock game is damn near impossible, but I have a few ideas that I am considering.  It's more likely that I will be using the infernal robotics mod to do it.  In either case the craft file is very much a work in progress - right now it is very unstable and will fall over on irregular terrain so I just basically use it for target practice.

- Jett

1 hour ago, Jett_Quasar said:

infernal robotics mod

I was thinking about downloading the craft, and adding some rotatrons to the legs and everything. But is there a .craft file?

1 hour ago, The_Cat_In_Space said:

Hey @Jett_Quasar, what's your framerate when you built the massive Star Destroyer a few posts above me? I'm guessing because of the EPIC SIZE OF THE THING! Also, is it a Star Destroyer I or a Star Destroyer II?

I haven't launched it yet... I'm afraid, very afraid!  It's not even finished yet and by the time I'm done with it the part count will top 1000 I'm sure.  This is the largest build I will ever make - at a length of 117m it doesn't even fit entirely inside the Space Plane Hangar.  Ultimately it's just an Imperial Star Destroyer but there will be plenty of surprises built into the craft file.

- Jett

On ‎16‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 4:49 PM, Jett_Quasar said:

I haven't launched it yet... I'm afraid, very afraid!  It's not even finished yet and by the time I'm done with it the part count will top 1000 I'm sure.  This is the largest build I will ever make - at a length of 117m it doesn't even fit entirely inside the Space Plane Hangar.  Ultimately it's just an Imperial Star Destroyer but there will be plenty of surprises built into the craft file.

- Jett

I can just imagine if one crashes into something. Each Star Destroyer's crew capacity (not including troops and pilots, only the crew) is 37,085!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.