Help to find 2 mods

felcas

Hy, I am wondering if there are 2 mods for ideas I had. I searched the available mods list for the 1.3 KSP release but found none, maybe I missed it, maybe it exist but is not updated for 1.3 yet or maybe it doesnt exist anyway. I also searched the forums and internet but found nothing similar. Can you help me?

The first one is a mod that allow me to have group of buttons in the screen that I can associate with the functions, Like a antena button that raises all antenas, or a fairing button that will eject itonce I click it and soo on...

The second is a mod that would let me calculate trajectories while I am in space to land in certain parts of Kerbin. Also a mod that allow me to calculate projections while in launch pad to reach low orbit objects (for example rescue missions) or to calculate a sub-orbital parabole to land on a specific area.

Thanks a lot.

First one: ActionGroupsExtended is the closest thing I can think of. It gives you up to 250 action groups to work with. You have the option of displaying the action groups with customized names. Clicking on them will trigger the group (because groups 11 and up do not have hotkeys assigned by default; you can assign them however.) You can even edit groups in-flight rather than just in the editor.

Trajectories would be the one to look at for landing on atmospheric bodies as it takes into account drag, though it assumes a few things (mainly AoA; there are settings to adjust that and get a better prediction.)

I don't know if either have been updates to 1.3 yet. (I wait after a major update to let modders get up to speed before I even think of updating myself.)

The last set is harder. I don't know any mods that calculate trajectories like that from the launch pad. GravityTurn and MechJeb can get you into space easily enough, but direct interception/rendezvous launches I have yet to see a mod for. Mods like KER and MJ give you the info you need to figure this out yourself to some degree. (Mainly the phase angle.)

Sub-orbital hop trajectory planning I haven't seen anyone attempt a mod for. (Has far as I can tell, most people just use a plane instead after a certain point on Kerbin and wing it on non-atmospheric bodies.)

3 hours ago, StahnAileron said:

First one: ActionGroupsExtended is the closest thing...

Trajectories would be the one to look at...

Thanks for the reply I will check the ActionGroupsExtended as soon as it release for KSP 1.3

I tried Trajectories but it is not exactly what I am looking for, anyway it caused crashing to desktop problems with  KSP 1.2, I can try again when it release for 1.3.

The second thing you are looking for is far more complicated than you think it is, because there are no universal answers to questions of trajectory. It depends 100% on your individual vessel. The level of complexity goes off the charts. It has never been done, and likely will never be done.

The closest equivalent might be something like the already mentioned MechJeb or Gravity Turn, which can fly your craft to orbit automatically. Once in orbit, MechJeb can also rendezvous with other objects. Which is two steps instead of one, but almost as good as plotting an intercept course directly from the launchpad.

Edited by Streetwind

• 2 weeks later...
On 2017-6-3 at 2:47 PM, Streetwind said:

The second thing you are looking for is far more complicated than you think it is, because there are no universal answers to questions of trajectory. It depends 100% on your individual vessel. The level of complexity goes off the charts. It has never been done, and likely will never be done.

The closest equivalent might be something like the already mentioned MechJeb or Gravity Turn, which can fly your craft to orbit automatically. Once in orbit, MechJeb can also rendezvous with other objects. Which is two steps instead of one, but almost as good as plotting an intercept course directly from the launchpad.

I heard about Trajectories, but I didn't had the chance to test it yet. already out for KSP 1.3

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.