Laie

Ferry <<n:1[/%d]>><<n:1[a VIP/tourists]>> safely to ...

Question

All my tourism contracts spam alternative text. Example:

Ferry <<n:1[/%d]>><<n:1[a VIP/tourists]>> safely to <<n:3[destination/destinations/destination]>><<n:4[./and back./ and back.]>>

Looks ugly and doesn't really fit the interface. Is this a known issue or something I could fix?

KSP_linux with mods: KAC, MJ, and ModuleManager (via MJ for all)

12 answers to this question

Can you supply more information. You say your install is modded. Have you tried without the mods installed to determine if this is a stock bug or a problem with mods interaction?
What flavor of Linux are you running?
Can you provide an uploaded log link?

Oh. I was expecting this is well known and I'm just incapable of finding it, hence the lack of details. Sorry about that.

Problem exists in the vanilla game. I just unpacked a fresh copy, cheated me some science that I could complete first orbit and see tourism contracts.

Debian Linux, KSP says it's 1.3.0.1804

http://84.200.202.96/Player.log (722kB)

5 minutes ago, Laie said:

Oh. I was expecting this is well known and I'm just incapable of finding it, hence the lack of details. Sorry about that.

Problem exists in the vanilla game. I just unpacked a fresh copy, cheated me some science that I could complete first orbit and see tourism contracts.

Debian Linux, KSP says it's 1.3.0.1804

http://84.200.202.96/Player.log (722kB)

Thanks. Will get the QA guys to take a look.

Since this is about the unmodded game, I've moved it to the Unmodded support forum. Hope you get it sorted out soon! :)

@Laie What version of Debian Linux are you running?

@JPLRepo: Debian Jessie (the current "stable" release), the nominal Kernel version I currently have is 3.16.43-2.

I have the same issue (in ubuntu 14.04). Names of vessels generated for/by rescue missions are similarly garbled.

Vessel names as viewed in VAB are affected as well. In flight they are displayed correctly though. Issue is seen in mission control too.

ksp_garble2.jpg

kps_garble.jpg

The VAB floor flicker that I first saw in 1.2 is still there too, as in the picture (http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/149787-12-vabsph-floor-marking-flicker/#comment-2799844).

Kernel: 

:~$ uname -a
Linux desktop 4.4.0-78-generic #99~14.04.2-Ubuntu SMP Thu Apr 27 18:49:46 UTC 2017 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

I have the same issue on Linux Mint 17.3

Spoiler

A parser loses initial '<' and instead of correct xml/html parsing just shows the rest of raw text.

We have identified the problem and a fix is currently being tested.

1 person likes this