Observation challenge & Navigation

Hello again, and thank you so much for helping me on my last dilemma. 

My next issue is the observation challenge.  

Is there anyway to add navigation markers on the ball like in the tutorials, or build some sort of flight plan to follow? (Or do they appear on the map when you accept the mission?)

Im just not sure how to find these locations and get above them for observation.

I didn't want to accept it before I knew what was up. 

-Thanks again!

Before you accept the contract you can go into the Tracking Station and it will show all the navigation markers -- so you can know where on the planet they are. They are color coded by contract, and the tooltip shows the name of the agency with the contract.

After you accept the contract, when you go to launch an airplane to do the contract, you can hit M to go into map mode. When you are in map mode, you will see the navigation markers again. If you click on a navigation marker, you will get a button that says "Activate Navigation". Clicking that will put a marker on your navball that points straight at the waypoint. If the waypoint is on the other side of the planet, you may not be able to see the marker initially, until you get partway to your destination. The marker will often be far enough away that it's below the horizon -- just fly toward the horizon in the correct direction, and you will get there.

Edited by bewing

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.