How to Buy KSP?

Kerbell

Hello, I was wondering if I could buy KSP directly from the KSP website without any third party website, like steam. I thought I remember a little button existed on the page that has all the purchasing options that let you buy the game right there. I have also noticed the demo page is under mantinence... wondering if these things are becuase of the recent ownership changes due to having to move the servers or something like that...

https://m.imgur.com/a/wK9CH

Edited by sumghai
Removed unnecessary quotation marks from thread title

16 minutes ago, qzgy said:

You can also go to the store and click the "Buy KSP" thing.

10 hours ago, Dman979 said:

I've moved this to the Kerbal Network subforum, the place for all other parts of the KSP Network besides the game.

In the upper right corner of the website, you should see an orange button titled "Buy Now///." :)

https://kerbalspaceprogram.com/en/

Yeah but once you click that it takes you to the page I gave a screenshot of, where there is no option to buy right off the ksp website, only other websites.

On 6/3/2017 at 4:38 PM, Kerbell said:

Welp... I hope it gets fixed soon.. I deleted my demo before checking to make sure I was able to buy the game :/

At the moment that's not possible, you can buy it on Steam, GOG, Greenmangaming ....

If this changes I'll let you know :wink: 

3 hours ago, Badie said:

At the moment that's not possible, only third parties like Steam, GOG, Greenmangaming ....

Is this changes I'll let you know :wink: 

Thanks for responding. Do you have any estimate for when it may be downloadable (from the KSP website)? I just don't want to be waiting 2 weeks or something like that. If that is the case I can just get it off of Steam.

Edited by Kerbell

Players who purchased the game through the store will still be able to get their updates that way, and new players can still buy the game through other partners, including DRM free options (GOG, Humble Store, Greenmangaming, etc), which will remain DRM free moving forward.

55 minutes ago, UomoCapra said:

Players who purchased the game through the store will still be able to get their updates that way, and new players can still buy the game through other partners, including DRM free options (GOG, Humble Store, Greenmangaming, etc), which will remain DRM free moving forward.

Is Steam under the 'remain to be DRM free' 'etc' summary?  
I think you did meant it to be, but just to be clear on that before some other wild story commences.

Edited by LoSBoL

On ‎6‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 4:31 PM, UomoCapra said:

wait...

www.kerbalspaceprogram.com?

that squad store?

• 1 month later...

^ You don't seem to have read the OP, detailing how Kerbell would prefer not to buy it through Steam.

That said, I do recommend buying the Steam version. I shared your sentiments about not wanting to be tied down to a third-party platform or dealing with online authentication, updates, DRM, etc. but as it turns out KSP is presently DRM-free and will run perfectly well if you run it without Steam or even move it to a non-Steam folder or another computer. Thus for all practical purposes the Steam version is equivalent to the KSP Store version - but there's a catch! In the past SQUAD has offered beta tests of new versions exclusively to Steam users and left the non-steam party hanging for months waiting on the finished update. They didn't do that for the latest patch, but you have no reason not to hedge your bets just in case.

5 hours ago, problemecium said:

^ You don't seem to have read the OP, detailing how Kerbell would prefer not to buy it through Steam.

That said, I do recommend buying the Steam version. I shared your sentiments about not wanting to be tied down to a third-party platform or dealing with online authentication, updates, DRM, etc. but as it turns out KSP is presently DRM-free and will run perfectly well if you run it without Steam or even move it to a non-Steam folder or another computer. Thus for all practical purposes the Steam version is equivalent to the KSP Store version - but there's a catch! In the past SQUAD has offered beta tests of new versions exclusively to Steam users and left the non-steam party hanging for months waiting on the finished update. They didn't do that for the latest patch, but you have no reason not to hedge your bets just in case.

There is also the GOG store, run by CD Projekt Red, who are somewhat famous for their main thing being "DRM Free Gaming". You can use the Galaxy client for Steam-style auto updates. Or not, and just download it as a zip or installer from the website, if you like.

https://www.gog.com/game/kerbal_space_program

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.