Maybe I should have posted here first: SSRSS Mod installation

PF45

Hey everyone, 

First of all, from everything that I've read I can ascertain that the majority of you are helpful, kindhearted individuals; I want to say thank you for that. That being said, I feel as if I may be asking the wrong questions. So instead of posting where all the developers are posting, (and asking stupid questions), I'm going to ask this question here -- where my newbishness is assumed and expected. 

KSP  1.3

Game Data Screen Shot: http://imgur.com/a/yngN5 (all mods are up to date)

I've tried to install the SSRSS (Kerbin sized real solar system)  after reading the entirety of the latest thread for the mod -- which contains very specific instructions, updates along the way, and countless confirmations that it's working properly on 1.3. However, all three times I haven't been able to get anything to work. Now I'm wondering if there's some mod out there that I've just never happened upon; that no one talks about, that's sort of an "Oh, you didn't know you needed that? EVERYONE knows that", type thing. I've posted on that thread but my question seems to stick out in a bad way and feel stupid posting there due to my ignorance of how all of this really works. 

Anyway, I'm in no rush and appreciate any support someone is willing to give me. :)  

I was going to suggest you post on the SSRSS thread but see you've already done that. It may be the lack of detail - "It's not working" can cover a lot of ground, a description of what's not working would be helpful(Game crashes, clouds not showing up, etc).

That said your install looks OK with the exception of the cloud folder. It's installed but not EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements (EVE). Without EVE you won't see the clouds. One other possibility I can think of is if you follow the Kopernicus link to github the first download (1.2.2-7) is a back port for KSP 1.2.2) - I think you want the Kopernicus 1.3.0-1 build - the second one down.

Good luck!

2 hours ago, wasml said:

I was going to suggest you post on the SSRSS thread but see you've already done that. It may be the lack of detail - "It's not working" can cover a lot of ground, a description of what's not working would be helpful(Game crashes, clouds not showing up, etc).

That said your install looks OK with the exception of the cloud folder. It's installed but not EnvironmentalVisualEnhancements (EVE). Without EVE you won't see the clouds. One other possibility I can think of is if you follow the Kopernicus link to github the first download (1.2.2-7) is a back port for KSP 1.2.2) - I think you want the Kopernicus 1.3.0-1 build - the second one down.

Good luck!

Thank you for your reply and suggestions!

I will give that a shot and check it out! As far as EVE, I have v 1.2.2.1 downloaded but when I install it, nothing changes. As far as what's not working, Kerbin is still Kerbin, by looks and name, none of the other planets change either. I'll try that other Kopernicus download and let you know how it goes.

2 hours ago, wasml said:

Good luck!

Good catch man! That was the trick, apparently I just need to slow down to catch every detail; I have a tenancy to get ahead of myself. Thank you SOOO much! :D 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.