A Serious Problem With A Mod

Chel

I recently installed the Large Boats Parts Pack by @Laythe2, and had a serious problem. I built a small little boat and put it out to sea, and when it hit the water, it simply went under the water, and didn't float. I had no CoM issues, it wasn't heavy, and it was small, but why make a boat parts mod, if the parts don't even float? Boats are suppost to float, not to sink. Submarines do that, not boats. I now use them in space and have made them larger and have many levels so they look like space cruisers and frigates and everything, but why don't any of the boat parts float?

Hi as you mention small boats, i'm wondering if you used tweakscale to make them small?  If so that is your problem.  The LBP parts are huge and meant for creating large ships  and it responds  very badly to scaling down to small sizes .

The problem come's from the mass of the part, if you make a huge part heavy enough to float properly,   when scaled down to a small size it will be massively overweight  .

It's a known issue, that's not really an issue as there are mods that supply smaller hulls and smaller boats in general.   Such as SM Marine and the Maritime pack.

Problems and questions of this nature should really be directed to the particular  mods thread, by asking here any answer you get will by lost to time,  and not serve as a note for anyone else with similar problems. 

Cheers

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.