An oddysey into the stars

Searched and couldn't find anything resembling this so here we go.

I feel that KSP needs some sort of a quest, to guide you in your exploration of the stars. Using the in-game easter eggs, lead the player on a scavenger hunt to discover more clues about the nature of the Kerbal universe, their origins, and possible lore explanations for the game.

Starting out would be simple, visit the

Spoiler

monolith a few hundred meters from the KSC, there a voice can be heard (text box pops up), telling you to seek out the desert temple, there you may find the start of your path.

Proceed from location to location, using kerbnet to locate these locations (already built in game), heres the path that I'm currently following in my 1.3 career

Spoiler

ksc monolith -> desert temple -> crashed ufo -> Mun monolith -> apollo memorial -> Mun ufo -> Minmus monolith -> duna monolith -> duna rover camera -> duna face -> Mohole -> vall stonehenge -> kraken

Who put those monuments there, where did kerbals come from? hopefully some answers will be revealed.

Thanks for stopping by!

18 minutes ago, shadoxfilms said:

Searched and couldn't find anything resembling this so here we go.

It's been suggested many times.

I'm personally against this, or any sort of set story mode for KSP.  I much prefer to write my own reality about it.

1 hour ago, razark said:

It's been suggested many times.

I'm personally against this, or any sort of set story mode for KSP.  I much prefer to write my own reality about it.

Yes, I don't think it's hard to find inspiration based on humans and our media. Just look at all the missions based on recent movies.

My own personal quest is based on a story that popular in the Architectural Press a few months ago about hanging a building off an asteroid.   Spoiler Alert: It's not working so far.

as i do think a set story line is a but strange in a sandbox, i do think finding anomalies like monoliths and crashed UFOs should give some advantage. so that looking for them has actually more purpose that a little message saying you found a rock on what ever planet.

i have suggested this once but think of things like:
- finding monolith on duna unlocks the nuclear engine( + normal science and funds)
- finding monolith on mun unlocks a branch on the tech tree
- you need 3 monoliths to upgrade your tracking station

but adding a story line in KSP would also mean that you need and end game and end games usually require a boss or final challenge to conquer, and that is a little but hard in the current format of the career mode. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.