A New Chinese Tieba kerbal-naunt reporting!

cooper5113

Greetings to all of my peer kerbalnaunts!:D

I am from a Chinese Forum called the Baidu Tieba, my name/ID there is ALTER102, if anyone is interested.I suppose you have seem quite a few of the moderators and users from that place(Like Acea,Icerecovery,TerranMMG), and I am one of the latest addition to the forum dwellers from the Tieba.Anyway, This thread is meant to say an official hello, and I hope I can get friends in here too.:)

Spoiler

After already posting several replies in the add-on section without formal introduction of myself, I find it inappropriate to keep this up and decided to say an official hello... that is the reason I posted this.:/

7 hours ago, Dman979 said:

Hello, @cooper5113, and welcome aboard!

I'm curious to what extent the Chinese community has been using the new release. Has there been a surge in new users there?

I would say there is a surge to some extent.

The moderation system there in the past few years has been, quite frankly, elitism(which I support, but it is not very friendly to newcomers), yet as the release gets published, new players started to come in faster, and the elitism became a little obsolete.Therefore the community is recently facing a likely reform, and the now previous moderators (they're quite strict, sometimes a little too strict to newcomers) there has retired from their all-year-long-thankless job.We might see a community that has more newcomers' questions in the front page and a more libertarian atmosphere after the new moderator has been selected in a few month.

(the mods probably retired in order to make way for the coming tide of fresh member)

Edited by cooper5113

10 hours ago, klesh said:

Hi!

How excited are you and or the people in the Chinese forum that KSP has been translated to Chinese?  Are they (or you) using it?

Unfortunately I am still using 1.2.2 due to mod incompatibilities...

but we sure are excited about it being translated into Chinese!:D

(primarily Ferram Aerospace Research)

I might still stick to English version after update tho, it is odd when you see Chinese for one part's description and English for another, and certain translation inaccuracies might hamper my understanding of flight status

3 hours ago, cooper5113 said:

We might see a community that has more newcomers' questions in the front page

One of the things I've always liked about the community here is that we are encouraging to new users and players. I thank that's partly because we remember our own feelings of ineptitude, and want to help others get past KSP's learning curve to enjoy the game.

1 hour ago, Dman979 said:

One of the things I've always liked about the community here is that we are encouraging to new users and players. I thank that's partly because we remember our own feelings of ineptitude, and want to help others get past KSP's learning curve to enjoy the game.

I think it's a shame that Tieba does not support creation of sub-forums, if only that was so, we could just have a subforum dedicated for newcomers' questions, but that couldn't be done..

(cry)

That being said, every moderator there has to make a choice between high-quality frontpage(with like tutorials, challenges and such) and a frontpage with a mix of questions, (some)high quality posts and some daily posts(a kind of post that appear everyday,with similar content like craft showing, personal milestone).

Between these options, our moderator chose the previous one, he was nicknamed "Dictator" for his strict way of management.However, that means to disallow a lot of questions from newcomers.The community (kind of) mended this problem with official tutorials, large index post (for mods).

But now we have 1.3, and the official Chinese support,a lot more new blood is definitely going to come in, a change in management method is going to happen because a lot of newer members think that the moderator is too harsh(sometimes it actually is because the newcomer is too arrogant), and there recently has been like, well, let's just say some real unfriendly and unreasonable things toward the moderator, and that chronic pressure kind of let the moderators make up their mind to pass the torch on for a change.

And here we are, the strict moderators have recently retired, a new group of management personnel is being selected, we will see which way we will be going, either left or right, I hope the Tieba could get better.

From a stubborn player that liked the strict management_(:з」∠)_

Welcome!

On 6/5/2017 at 11:12 AM, cooper5113 said:

I am from a Chinese Forum called the Baidu Tieba, my name/ID there is ALTER102, if anyone is interested.I suppose you have seem quite a few of the moderators and users from that place(Like Acea,Icerecovery,TerranMMG), and I am one of the latest addition to the forum dwellers from the Tieba.Anyway, This thread is meant to say an official hello, and I hope I can get friends in here too.:)

I believe we have had the pleasure of QAQdong's acquaintance from that forum; I noticed a tieba.baidu.com thread in my github traffic listings (be warned about possibly inappropriate cartoon mammaries in one user's signature before clicking). It was quite interesting and fun to read Google's translation of that discussion. Sometimes it was as clear as a sentence originally written in English, and other times it was obvious that the translation software was not familiar with the casual language and idioms being used. A few of my favorites:

• "This floor, upstairs has been crooked image_emoticon25.pngIn fact, I can help the translation, but I do not have a ladderimage_emoticon16.png"
  • "It is this layer of the main id trumpet? Hey, one of the main force of the generation is actually so waste, and the words of the baby party on the hand down, I could not help but eat a basin of blood buns"
  • "Try to be able to wake the fish MJ writers do not wake up"

I can only assume the experience is equally amusing in reverse. :)

In any case, it's nice to have one more connection between the two forum groups. Enjoy!

• 2 weeks later...