Petition to include all 2013 purchases for free DLC

CjStaal

PETITION TO INCLUDE ALL OF 2013 FOR FREE DLC!  

276 members have voted

1. 1. Should all of 2013 be allowed the free DLC?

• YES
    • NO
    • Include to August 2013

ive been playing ksp since the steam release which coincided with .21 in july 2013 and to be blunt i dont honestly care if i get free dlc or not. Most likely i wont get this dlc simply because to me it focuses on an area of ksp i have no use for: career. Now if career gave me a reason beyond novelty or was logical or gave me reason to invest my efforts in it, maybe id feel differently about this dlc. Long and short? Paid or not it makes no difference to me. I buy dlc for other games in season pass form so again, why should i care if i pay or not?

I wouldnt worry to much  about free DLC the first thing take two will probably do is announce all previous promises and deals are null and void and we all have to pay, that is what the cynic in me expects

Edited by Virtualgenius

3 minutes ago, Virtualgenius said:

I wouldnt worry to much  about free DLC the first thing take two will probably do is announce all previous promises and deals are null and void and we all have to pay, that is what the cynic in me expects

Squad PR has already stated several times that the free dlc for old purchasers will stay in affect. This is a binding promise from Squad that T2 can't revoke. 

This game in in the elite "Over 500+ Hours" club on my playlist...it's some of the best money I've spent on games.

For those who bought after the cutoff -- SQUAD explicitly clarified the terms of the deal and even extended a grace period. Getting bent that you didn't get in under the wire doesn't constitute SQUAD being greedy or screwing you out of something you "earned". This was a perk they provided, out of the goodness of their hearts, to the early adopters.

They didn't have to offer it at all to anyone (and if they hadn't, we wouldn't have these threads cropping up over and over).

Being bitter that someone else got something you didn't earn is a pretty crappy reason to be throwing SQUAD's reputation in the mud.

They made a great game, they deserve to get paid and feed their families and continue to expand the game and get paid for that, too.

Otherwise they might as well shut off the lights and go home -- there's nothing in it for them if you earn free everything just by being you.

-Jn-

38 minutes ago, CjStaal said:

I make mucccch more than enough money to purchase it. But it's the principle of it

There is no principle.

Listen, I bought the game on May 3 2013. If I'd bought it when I intended to buy it, I would have just squeezed under the deadline for DLC. I didn't. One could argue that I could/should feel hard done by, but I don't.

It was made very clear to me when I purchased the game on Steam that I would get updates and not DLC (not only was it on the main steam page under the "Why is this in Early Access" bit - Harvs blog post about "we'll give it to all of you if you buy before end of April" was also very prominent.)

In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if that announcement actually led to the boom in 2013. It generated alot of positive press about KSP (it's certainly one of the factors that led me to buy it, because even though I would miss out, I liked the fact the devs listened).

If they move it for you, they have to move it for anyone else. Your T&Cs were very clear. Anything else is just whinging, and we knew this was a possibility one day.

Edited by severedsolo

I removed a couple of posts that were more about moderation than the poll in this thread. If you see anything that breaks the rules, please feel free to report the post, but it's best not to discuss it in the thread. I hope that's OK.

In Russia, we have a saying: "Дареному коню в зубы не смотрят", which is an equivalent of Middle English "Don't look a gift horse in the mouth", which means discussing a gift made as a gesture of free will is not noble.

Otherwise, one risks to fall into another group of people, about which its said "дашь палец — всю руку откусит".

I purchased KSP in 2015 and has been extremely happy with the joy and fun it brought for that price, the constant flow of updates and the awesome community. I am willing to pay the price for the addon when it comes out as a lot of work went through it and its the money well spent.

I bought the game April 27th of 2013 with no idea about any of these cut off dates for future DLC. I just saw the game on youtube and coincidentally bought the same day. To be honest, I would pay for DLC, this one of, if not the best game purchases I have ever made. The fact that a company is honoring an agreement between itself and it's customers at all is frankly praiseworthy. The point is the game is worth every penny. 

4 hours ago, Kerbal101 said:

In Russia, we have a saying: "Дареному коню в зубы не смотрят", which is an equivalent of Middle English "Don't look a gift horse in the mouth", which means discussing a gift made as a gesture of free will is not noble.

Otherwise, one risks to fall into another group of people, about which its said "дашь палец — всю руку откусит".

I purchased KSP in 2015 and has been extremely happy with the joy and fun it brought for that price, the constant flow of updates and the awesome community. I am willing to pay the price for the addon when it comes out as a lot of work went through it and its the money well spent.

I've run out of Likes, today, so allow me to bestow upon you this gift horse:

MontyPythonHolyGrail-TrojanRabbit1.jpg\

-Jn-

1 hour ago, CjStaal said:

all 2013 purchasers should also be included for the free DLC.

I bought this game on 1st Jan, 2014, in the UK.  Arguably it was probably 2013 somewhere in the world when I bought it, but I don't want to pay nothing when Making History comes out.  Let's face it, KSP has changed a lot since .23, when I bought it.  We got a lot of new parts, the 'Souposphere' was mostly made less viscous, Windows 64bit support came out, and so many other things since then.  And I've got all those for free, essentially, because I haven't paid for it since 2014.  What's more, I paid $27 for it, and at the time it was something like £18 from the exchange rate, given that it would now cost £29, that is great.

How many hours I've played, I don't know as I didn't get it on Steam, but it must be a lot.  Total cost of operating KSP for me would probably be larger for the Electricity to run my laptop.

As far as I'm concerned, I would like Squad to 'hurry up', release Making History and Take my Money!:P

It seems pretty clear to me, at least, that what SQUAD has defined is pretty clear. Heck, I'm a moderator and I'm out of luck because I bought the game after the date, but in 2013. It's not really that big of a deal.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.