ISV Venture Star Redux (Very, Very Pic Heavy)

A while ago I saw a video on YT of a recreation of the ISV Venture Star from James Cameron's Avatar. The spacecraft in the movie was part of a fleet of twelve vessels meant to carry people and cargo to Alpha Centauri. I love sci-fi. I really love sci-fi when they do their research and make something that is a lot closer to sci than fi. The ISV Venture Star falls into this category. It is quite the gorgeous ship and really quite practical and realistic (for a fictional interstellar starship) when it comes to parts, equipment, design, etc. The ship in the video was quite the amazing spacecraft and a very nice build, but I wanted to get as close to accurate as my rinky dink little computer can handle. So for the past few hours that's exactly what I did. Hope y'all enjoy!

Here is a diagram and picture for reference:

And here is mine (I tried to recreate the image, but then realized I had it rotated 90 degrees). Oh well..

It is approximately 925,000 tons fully fueled and about 1400 meters in length (slightly shorter than the diagram due to the fact that I did not include the shields and only the protective mirror). Astonishly I was able to make it with only 192 parts so my caveman computer can run it just fine (definitely could go twice that, but would be dealing with about 5-10 fps). I may even be able to make two valkyrie shuttles and attach them without it setting on fire!

Thanks to whoever made the original video and craft as you are my partial inspiration for this! Let me know what y'all think!

Cheers,

Taylor

EDIT: I will be spacing out the radiator slightly and extending the rear truss to more accurately match it. I'll eventually add the shields (I think) at which point I'll also angle the engines outward slightly to also more accurately match the spacecraft.

Edited by AWESOMEPIEMAN

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.