Honor D-Day

Wrench Head

In Honor of D-Day and the great men and women that served and many that died, MHG has been working on some Submarines to honor those that many know little of and spent many day below the sea.  Silent Service An unofficial name that many submarine services give themselves. See video below.

The world’s first submarine was designed by a Dutch inventor Cornelius Drebbel. The court inventor for England’s James I, Drebbel was trying to convince the Royal Navy that this was the vessel of the future, and this he demonstrated in 1602 up the Thames River.

German Captain Lothar von Arnauld de la Perière (1886–1941) was the most successful U-boat commander of World War I and of any submarine commander in history.

USN As a Lieutenant Commander then Rear Admiral. Richard O'Kane was credited with sinking 31 ships to total 227,800 tons, the best result.

Captain Alexander Ivanovich Marinesko

Marinesko left Hanko on 11 January 1945 and took position near Kolberg on January 13. During the next few days his submarine was attacked several times by German torpedo boats. On 30 January 1945, S-13 attacked and sank the Wilhelm Gustloff, which was evacuating civilians and military personnel from East Prussia. There were between 5,400 and 9,400 casualties.

Lt. Cmdr. Hashimoto Mochitsura,  was an academy-trained officer and a submarine commander in the Imperial Japanese Navy during World War II. He is best known as the captain of Japanese submarine I-58, which sank USS Indianapolis in 1945 after its delivery of bomb parts for the first atomic weapon used in wartime, Little Boy, but prior to the attack on Hiroshima.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.