As yet I'm quite happy with KSP 1.2.2.  I'm in the middle of a career game which is going really well and I don't want to risk upgrading and maybe wrecking it.

But I'm curios to know is there much difference between 1.2.2 and 1.3?  I know and welcome the introduction of the four new languages, which must be a good thing and will help spread the message to a larger audience.  However apart from this, has very much changed or anything been added which I'm missing out on?

Thanks everyone.

Edited by The Flying Kerbal

In terms of features, my understanding is "not much".

There have been bug fixes, though.

Here's the wiki page and the official announcement for the changes in 1.3. My own opinion can be summed up as "nice, but not worth risking my teetering pile of mods crashing, exploding, and burning if I try to update, even if the mods are updated for 1.3". Were I pure-stock, though, 1.3 ahoy.

No  More Terrain Seams!

Honestly, 1.3 might just be the final version of KSP I ever need.  Minimal bugs, considering the game.  Great mods being updated.  All's right with the world.

Edited by klgraham1013

I'd say the terrain seems are the big thing here, certainly all I was wanting from this update

But changes have been made to the shadows and in turn the lighting and sun (these changes were not well documented in the patch notes) please see the Dev post linked below:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/developerarticles.html/enter-the-shadows-r205/

So if your not bothered by the terrain seems, the shadows or the new languages, you don't need to rush to 1.3, that said if your running unmodded I believe saves will carry over to 1.3 but not backwards

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.