Munless Night 1.3 Career Challenge

7 hours ago, zanie420 said:

OMG, I cannot wait to post it! I just flew by Moho within 4000m without crashing! It happened so fast, I need to look at the screenshots :)

@zanie420 keep up the good work, can't wait to see your Moho mission results.  I like the Kerbin-side science collection and transfer via SSTO to the science lab.  Hard to imagine a more efficient way to get science points up there, although the cost in real time is significant.  As far as getting badges goes (from your earlier post) you've already earned the KerbalX badge just from some of the flights you've done here.  Put together some good screenshots and post there.  If you can't find it, check the Heritage Challenge area, most of the really good ones are there.  The Jool5 on the other hand is a much more involved process - a single ship out to all the moons of Jool and home.  You can find it in the Heritage Challenge area too, take a look through the (many) pages and see how many different ways there are to skin a cat :) 

Don't get intimidated when someone like @Nefrums does it with an insane ship smaller than most of my Mun landers, it's your mission that matters :)  I just did another one as part of the Caveman Evolved challenge a few days ago, and had just as much fun as the first time.  My only advice would be to shave weight wherever you can, and get used to Nervas or ions if possible.  A Jool5 would be a fantastic way to wrap up this challenge as well, just saying :)

@Mesklingood start, I've added you to the board!

Edited by Jetski

Second part: contracts, contracts, contracts. Upgrading buildings, first expeditions out of Kerbin SOI (first short touch for interplanetary space) and new kerbonaut - scientist Paola.

7 minutes ago, Mesklin said:

Second part: contracts, contracts, contracts. Upgrading buildings, first expeditions out of Kerbin SOI (first short touch for interplanetary space) and new kerbonaut - scientist Paola.

nice work! I love you tourist craft and plan to use the design :wink:

14 hours ago, Mesklin said:

@Mesklin, watch out for those probe contracts and them getting close at all to the Mun. I have to reload a save and lost hours and hours of play because I noticed I mysteriously got a milestone reward for a fly-by! I recommend doing the contracts that put a station in orbit of Kerbol, combined with tourist contract that want to orbit Kerbol as well for great funds generation. You seem to know what you are doing :wink:

Part 3: returning from Sun SOI, relay satellites interplanetary rings, buildings were upgraded to optimal state (tracking center to maximum level), taking asteroid samples, middle range antennas and mobile lab

1 hour ago, Mesklin said:

Part 3: returning from Sun SOI, relay satellites interplanetary rings, buildings were upgraded to optimal state (tracking center to maximum level), taking asteroid samples, middle range antennas and mobile lab

Man, you make me want to start over! Your rush of an MPL to Duna will be awaited with much anticipation! I am currently sitting at year 4 day 168 with only 7 nodes left to get. 8 if you count nanolathing which is added by KAS

31 minutes ago, zanie420 said:

Munless Night Challenge completed in Kerbin year 5 day 354 hour 4 and 2 minutes

I plan to try Jool5 now, if anyone wants to see it.....

Great job @zanie420, you are our first victor!  Feel free to claim your badge from the OP, and best of luck with your Jool5 mission

Just now, Jetski said:

Great job @zanie420, you are our first victor!  Feel free to claim your badge from the OP, and best of luck with your Jool5 mission

The OP? What is that?

Just landed on Minmus for the first time specifically to refuel for Jool!

On 6/24/2017 at 6:03 PM, Mesklin said:

Looking good @Mesklin, I am impressed at how all your ships seem to have the minimal dV to get the job done :)  Keep up the good work

12 minutes ago, zanie420 said:

The OP? What is that?

Just landed on Minmus for the first time specifically to refuel for Jool!

@zanie420 OP is Original Post (or possibly Opening Page) - just refers to the initial post that started the challenge.  There's an image there (imgur link) that you can place in your forum signature to show you have completed this challenge :wink:

A good way to show off your progress on a Jool5 is to create a Mission Report - then you can link to it and we can follow along

Edited by Jetski

On 6/24/2017 at 3:03 PM, Mesklin said:

I am looking forward to seeing your strategy @Mesklin! Transmitting science via relay will definitely get you the tree faster than me :wink:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.