Has there been a fix for this found? I just tune it out at this point, but I figured I'd ask since it has been several years since I last did.

Quick recap - Literally the entirety of the time I have played KSP, from the very beginning, I have gotten a crackling, stuttery, static sound when loading up the game and sitting in the editors. I THINK the last time I brought it up it was said to be a unity issue, but has any solution been found? This has been the one constant over the ~6 computers I've played KSP on. Also, the crackle continues spastically even when framerate is a steady, limited 25 fps in the editors.

Also on the topic of sound, coil whine. I know this is something brought up semi-often, just hoping maybe someone that does have a solution might stumble across this. I've reduced my poor, abused 970's coil whine by getting a better psu (only because my old one took itself and my mobo to computer hell ...Rest in peace...) and messing with slight over/under clocks, but does anyone know any other tricks to getting rid of it? KSP is the only game I've ever played that causes coil whine, even under horrible loads. My current solution is music, but it'd be nice not to have to wear headphones to keep from going insane.

So the sound stutter is a known Unity bug which has not been solved as of yet, it effects different systems to differing degrees, I don't get it bad and am using Realtek if that helps, in addition KSP does occasionally stutter sound (due to the garbage cleanup if I recall the old dev posts) but its largely been removed or reduced in recent versions.

As for the coil whine, an FPS limiter should fix that, you can get it in KSP pretty bad during loading screens but shouldn't get it too bad whilst in game, if you turn on an FPS overlay, you will probably notice the FPS spike at the same time as the coil whine, the whine will be worse the higher your FPS goes. Cap the FPS to 30, 60 or 120 depending on your hardware and this should solve it.

Hope this helps.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.