Probodobodyne QBE

Missing File Permissions?

Question

Posted (edited)

I modded KSP with around, let's say, too many mods (at least 18), and now, in light of 1.3, none are up to date, but I cannot delete them either.  It gives me a "missing permissions" error when I try.  This happened before, and I uninstalled Steam and reinstalled, but I don't want to do that every time a new update rolls out.  I can't reinstall just KSP, because that gives me the same missing permissions error.  Help?

Edit: Here is the error I am getting. 

Edited by Probodobodyne QBE

2 answers to this question

This is not a KSP issue, it is a windows configuration issue.

This is simply because you are not logged on to the machine as an administrator and the administrator has enforced account permissions, your account therefore does not have permission to make file changes such as removing/deleting programs and/or files, the administrator of the machine can give you permission temporarily by clicking continue and then entering there credentials or permanently through account settings at there discretion.

True, though the root of the problem is most likely that KSP is installed in a location that has admin ownership by default, like Program Files.
Find your KSP install directory and "own" it as your unprivileged user. I don't use Windows often, but this looks about right.
Or you could just put up with the UAC prompt every time you want to modify files there.