Experience overhaul

Jaff

Don't know if this mod already exists, I haven't come across it in my many many forays through the forum but if it doesn't I suppose this is a request to have it created if it's possible.

so basically I think the experience a kerbal gains in the game is a bit crap, 1 star for orbit, a star for planting flags, makes it a pain in the ring making sure all kerbals plant a flag on a moon landing or something and it just doesn't feel realistic.

so my suggestion is based on a little bit of realism. In life the more you do something the more experience you get at doing it and thus become better at that thing. E.g if your poor at playing football, the more you play the better you get, in your job the more you play with excel the better you get etc.

so would it be possible to increase the experience stars based on time in space? 

So so to get the first star you need to get a year in kerbin orbit (makes space stations have a little purpose) 

to get the second star, spend half a year in orbit of a moon or land and spend a quarter of a year on a moon (bases make sense)

to get the third star, spend half a year in orbit of or land on Duna or dres

to get the fourth star, spend a year within jools sphere of influence 

land on eve and return to obtain the 5th star

i realise this may be difficult, but something along those lines seem a bit more realistic to me than being able to get up to 3 stars for just getting to orbit, plant a flag on the moons and escape kerbin soi.

a time based system makes more sense to me, thoughts? 

• 2 weeks later...

Again I think the boost to mining should only be given if you’ve spent enough time around the planet/moon you wish to mine.

wheels... can only repair them if you’ve visited the planet/moon previously 

etc.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.