R.I.P. Adam West

Just Jim

Just now, DarkOwl57 said:

ooooooohhhhhhhhh. Never saw it :/ Shame..

It was insanely campy, quite honestly, but opened the door for so many great superhero shows down the road... Folk my age grew up on him.

They were still showing Batman on early-morning kids tv when I was growing up.  (Filming a candle and using it for the inbetween program voiceover bits was RTE's idea of high-production values at the time.)  Original Batman still holds a nostalgic place in my heart.

Younger forum-goers might know him better from Family Guy.

RIP

Never really watched the original batman as his version never resonated with me, but, I still respected what he did then as well as now.

May he RIP!

May Family Guy give him a fond farewell!

time 14:43:30

Edited by AlamoVampire

3 hours ago, DarkOwl57 said:

Not to sound rude but.... Who's Adam West? *Braces for possible flamewar*

That mayor in Family Guy, among other things. The fact that he got his own kooky character on such a show should be an indication that it is a known and remarkable man.

15 hours ago, Just Jim said:

It was insanely campy, quite honestly, but opened the door for so many great superhero shows down the road... Folk my age grew up on him.

i grew up on reruns. we didnt have cable so of the 4 broadcast channels we had one of them had batman reruns, and i didnt like the cartoons on the others. and thats what i watched after school in the early 90s.

Edited by Nuke

9 hours ago, Nuke said:

i grew up on reruns. we didnt have cable so of the 4 broadcast channels we had one of them had batman reruns, and i didnt like the cartoons on the others. and thats what i watched after school in the early 90s.

No reruns here. Watched it brand-spankin-new. With today's media, a two-part episode can be pulled up back to back... but back then, you wait. Picture it... you're a kid... waiting. :huh: LOL!

"Tune in tomorrow ... same Bat-time ... same Bat-channel"

1966 was a great year to be a kid with our first new fangled color TV - of course we still had to go outside and turn the pole when we changed channels. We had four at the time. Enough for Star Trek, The Monkees, and Batman. 

4 hours ago, LordFerret said:

No reruns here. Watched it brand-spankin-new. With today's media, a two-part episode can be pulled up back to back... but back then, you wait. Picture it... you're a kid... waiting. :huh: LOL!

"Tune in tomorrow ... same Bat-time ... same Bat-channel"

well it was on every day and played in order, so it was as if you had the og experience. it was certainly worth watching. i find when channels play reruns of anything today they dont do it like that. they keep looping between 10 different episodes and cut out about a third of the show so they can cram in more commercials. you end up buying dvds or binging on hulu or whatever. but back in the 90s they did reruns right.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.