[1.3.1]TextureReplacerReplaced v0.5.4

HaArLiNsH

10 minutes ago, purpleivan said:

Has the location for the skybox textures (Galaxy_Tex_xxxxx) been changes with TR becoming TRR?

I copied over the six PNG's for the skybox to the TextureReplacerReplaced\Default folder but I get the stock skybox instead of the one I'd expect to see.

Thanks to those involved in getting this updated to 1.3

You can't put stuff in the TRR folder

You need to make your own folder and add the folder to the "paths" list using a cfg like the one in the mm example

6 hours ago, Ger_space said:

The Shader that should be used is named "ShaderNG/TR_Reflective_Emissive_Alpha"

Does it mean a config patch is needed to overwrite all instances of

transparentShaderName = KSP/Alpha/Translucent Specular

with

transparentShaderName = ShaderNG/TR_Reflective_Emissive_Alpha

??

Would it be something like this?
GameData\TextureReplacerReplaced\MM patches\JSIAdvTransparentPod.cfg

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[JSIAdvTransparentPod]]:FINAL
{
	@MODULE[JSIAdvTransparentPod]
	{
		%transparentShaderName = ShaderNG/TR_Reflective_Emissive_Alpha
	}
}

I will test it but a confirmation would be nice.

Edited by Gordon Dry

1 hour ago, Sigma88 said:

You can't put stuff in the TRR folder

You need to make your own folder and add the folder to the "paths" list using a cfg like the one in the mm example

Is it already mandatory ? the old way won't work any more?

I also tried a skybox last week but without success (EnvMap was the folder for the skybox before if I remember correctly ?)

As I didn't write the base code of TR, I'm still working on understanding how all of this works :) 

Oh and for your information on the development of TRR, I working on the revamp of the suit system because I can't add the things I want to do as it is.

The aim is that you will have general options on how TRR use the suits (mostly like the ones we have now in the TRR gui menu) and you will use a cfg file in the folder of your suit pack to personalise how TRR use this particular suit pack (if no cfg, it will act like the legacy suits pack made for TR). You will also have a sub menu in the TRR options for each kerbal/class like we use now but with these options selectable. This way, if the suit pack dont have a cfg or you want a particular setting, you can configure it.

So far I've these settings in mind :

/* general TRR options 
* used in the main TRR configuration gui 
*/
Remove helmet in safe situation
use Atmospheric IVA suit
use EVA ground suit
Do we use the automatic suit state switcher ? 
remove collar on IVA suits  (for later)

/* personnal suit options
* used for each suit texture pack
*/
Force Remove helmet in safe situation
Force use helmet in safe situation
Force use Atmospheric IVA suit 
Force use EVA ground suit
Force always use the IVA helmet
Force never use the IVA helmet
Force never use the EVA ground helmet
Force never use the EVA space helmet
Force IVA suit state when toggle suit (bypass atmospheric & safe situation)
IVA suit use IVA helmet
IVA suit use EVA ground helmet
IVA suit use EVA space helmet
Force use reflections for this suit
Force DONT use reflections for this suit
Choose the reflections colors 
Force collar removal on IVA suits (for later)
Force collar use on the IVA suits (for later)
Force IVA suit on ground with no atmopshere
Force IVA suit in space

I still don't really get how all the the ksp menus and cfg files works, but this will come :)

Edited by HaArLiNsH

32 minutes ago, HaArLiNsH said:

Is it already mandatory ? the old way won't work any more?

I also tried a skybox last week but without success (EnvMap was the folder for the skybox before if I remember correctly ?)

As I didn't write the base code of TR, I'm still working on understanding how all of this works :) 

Oh and for your information on the development of TRR, I working on the revamp of the suit system because I can't add the things I want to do as it is.

The aim is that you will have general options on how TRR use the suits (mostly like the ones we have now in the TRR gui menu) and you will use a cfg file in the folder of your suit pack to personalise how TRR use this particular suit pack (if no cfg, it will act like the legacy suits pack made for TR). You will also have a sub menu in the TRR options for each kerbal/class like we use now but with these options selectable. This way, if the suit pack dont have a cfg or you want a particular setting, you can configure it.

So far I've these settings in mind :

/* general TRR options 
* used in the main TRR configuration gui 
*/
Remove helmet in safe situation
use Atmospheric IVA suit
use EVA ground suit
Do we use the automatic suit state switcher ? 
remove collar on IVA suits  (for later)

/* personnal suit options
* used for each suit texture pack
*/
Force Remove helmet in safe situation
Force use helmet in safe situation
Force use Atmospheric IVA suit 
Force use EVA ground suit
Force always use the IVA helmet
Force never use the IVA helmet
Force never use the EVA ground helmet
Force never use the EVA space helmet
Force IVA suit state when toggle suit (bypass atmospheric & safe situation)
IVA suit use IVA helmet
IVA suit use EVA ground helmet
IVA suit use EVA space helmet
Force use reflections for this suit
Force DONT use reflections for this suit
Choose the reflections colors 
Force collar removal on IVA suits (for later)
Force collar use on the IVA suits (for later)
Force IVA suit on ground with no atmopshere
Force IVA suit in space

I still don't really get how all the the ksp menus and cfg files works, but this will come :)

TR looks in the TextureReplacer folder

When you changed the name of the folder you didn't change where TRR looks for so putting stuff in TextureReplacerReplaced doesn't work automatically

2 minutes ago, Sigma88 said:

TR looks in the TextureReplacer folder

When you changed the name of the folder you didn't change where TRR looks for so putting stuff in TextureReplacerReplaced doesn't work automatically

Hmm, well it does work for the suits.. and the only "TextureReplacer" name left (except the TextureReplacer class itself) is in TextureReplacer.cs  at the Awake(), line 62

foreach (UrlDir.UrlConfig file in GameDatabase.Instance.GetConfigs("TextureReplacer"))
{
     Loader.instance.readConfig(file.config);
     Replacer.instance.readConfig(file.config);
     Reflections.instance.readConfig(file.config);
     Personaliser.instance.readConfig(file.config);
}

but, and correctly if I'm wrong, this is for the @Default.cfg file, so I don't get why the others don't works.  :)

2 hours ago, Gordon Dry said:

Does it mean a config patch is needed to overwrite all instances of

transparentShaderName = KSP/Alpha/Translucent Specular

with

transparentShaderName = ShaderNG/TR_Reflective_Emissive_Alpha

??

Would it be something like this?
GameData\TextureReplacerReplaced\MM patches\JSIAdvTransparentPod.cfg

@PART[*]:HAS[@MODULE[JSIAdvTransparentPod]]:FINAL
{
	@MODULE[JSIAdvTransparentPod]
	{
		%transparentShaderName = ShaderNG/TR_Reflective_Emissive_Alpha
	}
}

I will test it but a confirmation would be nice.

Oh, Sorry, but JSI uses its own Shader System and I have no idea how to fix that. The normal Shader is not transparent, so this line will not work 

46 minutes ago, Gordon Dry said:

So when I have mods that need TR / TRR as dependency then JSI Transparent Pods will not work at all?

TRR (and TR ) replaces shaders through a simple shader-name mapping, but has no access to a transparent shader, so for now all Windows will show up opaque. (I cannot look at the code at the moment)

It will be possible to do so, but it requires some coding. (a transparent+reflictive shader, and a corresponding shader mapping)

I'm currently a bit tied up with my other mods and after that I will be on summer vacation :cool:. So I will not write an patch for it in the next 3-4 weeks. I open an github issue, so it not be forgotten.

3 hours ago, Ger_space said:

TRR (and TR ) replaces shaders through a simple shader-name mapping, but has no access to a transparent shader, so for now all Windows will show up opaque. (I cannot look at the code at the moment)

It's not supposed to work? I'm having no problem with TRR, JSI ATP and Feline Utility Rover working together:

Out of curiosity, is anyone planning on releasing a Star Trek TOS (or even NxGen) Uniform pack for this? lol  That was my first thought. With Engineers in Red, Scientists in Blue & Pilots in Gold (naturally).  If someone wanted to get REALLY ambitious, they could even do the rank braids to reflect the experience of the Kerbals. :)

I'd try this myself, but ... well ... I suck at any kind of artwork.

35 minutes ago, Runescope said:

Out of curiosity, is anyone planning on releasing a Star Trek TOS (or even NxGen) Uniform pack for this? lol  That was my first thought. With Engineers in Red, Scientists in Blue & Pilots in Gold (naturally).  If someone wanted to get REALLY ambitious, they could even do the rank braids to reflect the experience of the Kerbals. :)

I'd try this myself, but ... well ... I suck at any kind of artwork.

https://spacedock.info/mod/117/GregroxMun's TOS-Colored Space Suits Pack

gallery for it here: 

http://imgur.com/a/C9fJ2

Edited by Cetera

8 minutes ago, Runescope said:

Much Obliged!

Be advised that @GregroxMun made that pack for the original texturereplacer.  Once TRR is completed, that pack will need to be updated to work with the new configs that are being required for TRR.  You may be able to make it work yourself, building your own config, or use it with the 1.3 compatible community release of texture replacer.

11 minutes ago, Cetera said:

Be advised that @GregroxMun made that pack for the original texturereplacer.  Once TRR is completed, that pack will need to be updated to work with the new configs that are being required for TRR.  You may be able to make it work yourself, building your own config, or use it with the 1.3 compatible community release of texture replacer.

if I can get the time to implement the syntax I proposed and send a pull request to @HaArLiNsH then updating any old TR pack will be really trivial, even for people with next to no MM skill

I'll write up a simple post explaining how to do that when everything is done

I'm actually looking how to implement a new path system and I just found that there is already a path =  that you can configurate in the @default.cfg and it will threat this folder like the TRR/Defaults. I seems to work with the heads and the suits but not with the visor  (that work when put in the proper TRR/Default). 

This mod is an accumulation of different systems that appeared with the differents updates of KSP and it need some serious cleaning, I'm just still understanding all the bits and birds :) 

In the best world, I would like to have 3 ways to use textures

- the legacy one  (just like the old TR, to be able to use old packs just like that)

- the new one just like the old (so you can use another folder than TRR and you just have to use a  .cfg file to configure it, mostly for head and suit pack)

- the MM config , this one is for all the custom textures that are not the heads and the suits

7 minutes ago, HaArLiNsH said:

I'm actually looking how to implement a new path system and I just found that there is already a path =  that you can configurate in the @default.cfg and it will threat this folder like the TRR/Defaults. I seems to work with the heads and the suits but not with the visor  (that work when put in the proper TRR/Default). 

yes this is the old system, used by TR and also made accessible to MM editing in TRR (see the MM exaple with the red/green texture)

this system is full of holes and has a terrible syntax, that's why I am looking to improve it

but I'm full of mods to update and TRR is just the latest addition to my list so it might take a while before I get the time to mess with that

11 hours ago, Sigma88 said:

yes this is the old system, used by TR and also made accessible to MM editing in TRR (see the MM exaple with the red/green texture)

this system is full of holes and has a terrible syntax, that's why I am looking to improve it

but I'm full of mods to update and TRR is just the latest addition to my list so it might take a while before I get the time to mess with that

No problem, I'm trying to get this and if I fail I'll beg for your help :)

Nice to see this continued, I haven't played KSP in a while but recently had a feeling I needed to crash some green men into things.  I'm cleaning up the painting on the original suit pack I dropped using Proot and Scart91s stuff.  All the colours in the rainbow and then some now!  I'll try to upload it soon and drop the post in this thread.

Quick question, I think I saw a note in the dev area about automated suit switching rather than GUI switching if desired... any reason for this or just a current bug that it doesn't work.  I did like the ability to toss the EVA on while on Kerbin and it seems unnecessary to remove that option unless it's causing a coding headache.

Thanks for the updates to this awesome mod!

15 minutes ago, Bentley said:

Nice to see this continued, I haven't played KSP in a while but recently had a feeling I needed to crash some green men into things.  I'm cleaning up the painting on the original suit pack I dropped using Proot and Scart91s stuff.  All the colours in the rainbow and then some now!  I'll try to upload it soon and drop the post in this thread.

Quick question, I think I saw a note in the dev area about automated suit switching rather than GUI switching if desired... any reason for this or just a current bug that it doesn't work.  I did like the ability to toss the EVA on while on Kerbin and it seems unnecessary to remove that option unless it's causing a coding headache.

Thanks for the updates to this awesome mod!

Don't post your texture pack on this post, make your own post and send me the link! :)

Check the TRR_Guide for the full list of textures possible and textures guide so you can see where the game deform and align the different zones in the textures (this pack will grow soon)

I don't have fixed yet how I'll show the texture pack in the OP but know that in the near future your texture pack will go out of the TRR's folder to his own folder.

Expect a detailed tutorial for the texture pack and the texture replacement in general (like the skyboxes or your custom texture for a part) in the near future (when the new features are implemented). :) 

if you look some post before on this page, you will see that I'll add a lot of options to handle the suit pack textures, expect changes/improvements notably with the new automatic switch system. For example, you will be able to disable it for a specific kerbal/class and use a manual mode that can overide the atmospheric check , this way you could have kerbal in IVA suit with or without helmet on the moon, or kerbal in EVA space suit without helmet on kerbin.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.