[1.3.1]TextureReplacerReplaced v0.5.4

HaArLiNsH

19 hours ago, SpaceOdissey said:

what is the version for KSP 1.2.2? 

11 hours ago, Vanamonde said:

Your post appears to have been duplicated several times, SpaceOdissey. 

Yeah I saw this yesterday, either it was a bug, or someone has to stop coffee :)

I don't know if it work for 1.2.2,  Try and tell me :)  if it don't, I'm sorry, I can't go back, its time for you to update to 1.3 :)

Edited by HaArLiNsH

Hello, if anyone can help me with this, it would be appreciated. I am attempting to put my kerbals in their IVA suits, but it is not working, saying that Kerbin's atmosphere isn't breathable on the surface. The mods I have installed are: Vanguard ejection system and parachutes, MechJeb, EVE, Chatterer, and BDArmory (I am running 1.3 and all mods are compatible) I am wondering if it may have been the Green Skull Suits I installed, but the textures work fine. 

8 hours ago, HaArLiNsH said:

Yeah I saw this yesterday, either it was a bug, or someone has to stop coffee :)

I don't know if it work for 1.2.2,  Try and tell me :)  if it don't, I'm sorry, I can't go back, its time for you to update to 1.3 :)

It was a bug... I posted and it was not appearing... Then I tried again... yeah was a bug that.

I had founded the version for KSP 1.2.2, anyway thanks for help!

something happened I think with the last update, The game no longer uses custom heads in game. It uses them in the loading screen still, but in game it goes to the stock heads only and the little in game selector will let you chance suits, but no heads now.

Also, one of the set/reset/default options in that window should set to the default I put in the config. It doesn't. Don't think that ever worked right. 

14 hours ago, Agentnck2 said:

Hello, if anyone can help me with this, it would be appreciated. I am attempting to put my kerbals in their IVA suits, but it is not working, saying that Kerbin's atmosphere isn't breathable on the surface. The mods I have installed are: Vanguard ejection system and parachutes, MechJeb, EVE, Chatterer, and BDArmory (I am running 1.3 and all mods are compatible) I am wondering if it may have been the Green Skull Suits I installed, but the textures work fine. 

Some verifications first, Do you use the last 0.3.1 version of TRR ?

If so, do you have the file @Default.cfg ?

If you have it, does it start with :

// IF YOU ARE A MODDER do not distribute this file with your mod. Create a new
// file `MyMod.cfg` that has the same structure as this one but only containing
// options you are overriding.

TextureReplacerReplaced
{

It should be "TextureReplacerReplaced" , if it is "TextureReplacer", then you need to download again the 0.3.1 and replace this file

If you have the last version and the right cfg file... hmm it should work normally but  can you try another suit pack and tell me ? (this one should work , its just to test)

TRR_Guide_SuitSet_minimalDev_DefaultNames_DDS_4096_v0.2.zip

4 hours ago, Vorg said:

something happened I think with the last update, The game no longer uses custom heads in game. It uses them in the loading screen still, but in game it goes to the stock heads only and the little in game selector will let you chance suits, but no heads now.

Also, one of the set/reset/default options in that window should set to the default I put in the config. It doesn't. Don't think that ever worked right. 

Hmmm damned, I did not checked the heads past the menu before the last fix... I will fix this back asap :) 

The suit selector should work too..  

Well.. time to work  :)

Edited by HaArLiNsH

7 hours ago, HaArLiNsH said:

Some verifications first, Do you use the last 0.3.1 version of TRR?

If so, do you have the file @Default.cfg ?

If you have it, does it start with:

It should be "TextureReplacerReplaced", if it is "TextureReplacer", then you need to download again the 0.3.1 and replace this file

If you have the last version and the right cfg file... hmm it should work normally but can you try another suit pack and tell me? (this one should work, its just to test)

I Fixed the issue. I believe it was that I decided to use the GreenSkull.cfg, which was not an up to date config file and didn't have all the options for IVA suits. Other than that, I am surprised I actually got the suits to work.

Edited by Agentnck2

I had a couple of questions about "Skyboxes" (Most notably the location on wher eyou place them and also if there are any out there that I can use..

Now that the whole of TRR has occurred the real question is that you put it in Default? O in EnvMAP?

and also were there any thing else that needed to be done.. after all I'm trying to figure out how to replace the deault Skybox with one of the more spectacular night skies.

Any ideas?

15 hours ago, Agentnck2 said:

I Fixed the issue. I believe it was that I decided to use the GreenSkull.cfg, which was not an up to date config file and didn't have all the options for IVA suits. Other than that, I am surprised I actually got the suits to work.

Yeah don't use the .cfg from the old suit pack :)

3 hours ago, Space_Coyote said:

I had a couple of questions about "Skyboxes" (Most notably the location on wher eyou place them and also if there are any out there that I can use..

Now that the whole of TRR has occurred the real question is that you put it in Default? O in EnvMAP?

and also were there any thing else that needed to be done.. after all I'm trying to figure out how to replace the deault Skybox with one of the more spectacular night skies.

Any ideas?

The navball and envmap  (skybox)  should be swapable now with the new MM compatibility patch. But I didn't had the time to look for them as the head and suits are my priority for now.

They don't go in any TRR folder now ... I'll post an example of how to use them soon :)

Edited by HaArLiNsH

The head and skyboxes will be fixed soon ,I missed one of @Sigma88 's PR and I updated the base default.cfg. Expect a fixed release soon  :)

For the navball,I don't know his real ingame name..  I'm looking for a list of all the parts/elements of the game, so I can make an example. 

Does anybody knows where I can find such a list, with the name of all the stock textures (like the navball, the planets , ..)

edit: I found the names of the planets in the original textureReplacer readme but I can't find the navball and the rest of the stock parts

Edited by HaArLiNsH

On 6/10/2017 at 0:49 PM, HaArLiNsH said:

• compress uncompressed textures from `GameData/` to shrink textures in VRAM,
  • unload textures from RAM after KSP finishes loading to reduce RAM usage and

If I'm only interested in these two features, how do I confirm they are in play?  I have disabled helmet reflections and not added any other textures/packages for uniforms, etc.

1 hour ago, Trann said:

If I'm only interested in these two features, how do I confirm they are in play?  I have disabled helmet reflections and not added any other textures/packages for uniforms, etc.

Theses features are working, you have 3 ways to confirm when they do their job :

1 : out of the game, check you log file

2 : ingame, at the main menu, hit ALT+F12 , there you can see the console and when you scroll up you should see the list of the files unloaded with the tag [TRR.Loader]

You can also see a false error msg saying " [TRR.loader] TRR: Texture unloading freed approximately XXX MB of system RAM"

3 : In the menu you open with ALT_F12, go in the Debugging menu and check "show all log errors on the screen"

Next time you load the game, after the loading black screen (witch can takes some time depending of the number of textures to process) and when the main menu appears, you should see a orange error message saying the false error message about the space saved.

Edited by HaArLiNsH

I have a (big) problem with the navball... We can swap the IVA textures (IVANavBall.dds & IVANavBall_Glow.dds)  but the main navball texture seems unreachable ..

I have tried to change the source texture file(model002.dds) in the squad folder, and it don't change it !?! :/

Is the navball texture hidden somewhere else with another name ???

On 14.7.2017 at 0:17 PM, Cheesecake said:

I tested TRR with FASA and the FASA-Parts have no reflections. With the last TR the reflections are ok. KSP 1.3.

Looks like the cfg files Format could be an issue, or is TRR capable of reading legacy files?

At least I need more info at least log files.

20 hours ago, HaArLiNsH said:

We need to summon our reflections master : @Ger_space : We need you here plz :) 

I'm in vacation mode... At least until Monday :cool:

[removed original comment, currently rephrasing]

Just to be sure, this mod is what allows me to remove my helmet in safe conditions right? Do those conditions include Laythe? Because my science tells me the atmosphere should be breathable, but your mod doesn't seem to agree.

Edited by NomenNescio

30 minutes ago, NomenNescio said:

[removed original comment, currently rephrasing]

Just to be sure, this mod is what allows me to remove my helmet in safe conditions right? Do those conditions include Laythe? Because my science tells me the atmosphere should be breathable, but your mod doesn't seem to agree.

The old TR set a minimum air pressure in the config - maybe that is not yet in place?

Edit: No, it is - but "This is only initial setting for new games! Use the GUI to change it later."

EditEdit: But even "atmSuitBodies = Kerbin Erin Sanctum"

Edited by KerbMav

49 minutes ago, KerbMav said:

The old TR set a minimum air pressure in the config - maybe that is not yet in place?

Edit: No, it is - but "This is only initial setting for new games! Use the GUI to change it later."

EditEdit: But even "atmSuitBodies = Kerbin Erin Sanctum"

Okay, I don't quite understand what you're telling me.

2 minutes ago, NomenNescio said:

Okay, I don't quite understand what you're telling me.

To be able to remove your helmet, you need 2 conditions, you can see (and modify) these conditions in the @Default.cfg file in the TextureReplacerReplaced folder. Open it with any txt reader like notepad++.

1: The planet must have a breathable atmosphere,. In this config file, you can see :

// List of planets/moons with breathable atmospheres where Kerbals can wear
// their IVA suits on EVA.
// The list must be space- and/or comma-separated and in one line.
// Duplicated lists are joined.
atmSuitBodies = Kerbin Erin Sanctum

It mean that Kerbin, Erin and Sanctum are in the list,  You could add Laythe in the list if your science tell you it has oxygen (this lit is nearly as old as TR, so maybe it need some tuning)

2: The planet must also have enough atmospheric pressure ! 

// Minimum air pressure required for Kerbals to wear their IVA suits on EVA.
atmSuitPressure = 50

So my guess is that Laythe don't have enough atmospheric pressure and it was removed from the atmSuitBodies list because of some bugs or conflict.

Can you add it in the atmSuitBodies and tell me how it work (I don't have a kerbal at this location on my dev save). This should looks like this : 

atmSuitBodies = Kerbin Erin Sanctum Laythe

I don't suggest you to change the atmSuitPressure :)

I will (normally) release a new version today, expect something good and working this time :)

2 hours ago, Ger_space said:

Looks like the cfg files Format could be an issue, or is TRR capable of reading legacy files?

At least I need more info at least log files.

I'm in vacation mode... At least until Monday :cool:

My guess is that FASA has a cfg file with

TextureReplacer
{
	settings...
}

and TRR now use a cfg file with

TextureReplacerReplaced
{
	settings...
}

I changed that to allow people to configure their mod for TR and TRR without conflict.

I'll look into this after this release.

Enjoy your vacation ! :cool:

2 hours ago, HaArLiNsH said:

You could add Laythe in the list if your science tell you it has oxygen

I've checked the pressure and it's something like 57kpa, so it's not pressure. I have however found a line in the EVA report that tells it like this: "You take your helmet off... After a few long seconds of gasping and haphazardly flailing about you manage to secure your helmet again. You erase the checkbox on your report for breathable atmosphere."
But I suspect this was written purely because the base game doesn't allow you to remove your helmet ever. I am now looking for a way to edit this text myself so it all lines up and my kerbals can breathe.

1 hour ago, NomenNescio said:

I've checked the pressure and it's something like 57kpa, so it's not pressure. I have however found a line in the EVA report that tells it like this: "You take your helmet off... After a few long seconds of gasping and haphazardly flailing about you manage to secure your helmet again. You erase the checkbox on your report for breathable atmosphere."
But I suspect this was written purely because the base game doesn't allow you to remove your helmet ever. I am now looking for a way to edit this text myself so it all lines up and my kerbals can breathe.

The default science results are defined in GameData/Squad/Resources/ScienceDefs.cfg. A search in there found:

LaytheSrfLanded = #autoLOC_501324 //#autoLOC_501324 = You take your helmet off... After a few long seconds of gasping and haphazardly flailing about you manage to secure your helmet again. You erase the checkbox on your report for breathable atmosphere.

The #autoLOC... refers to an entry in the localization file (GameData/Squad/Localization/dictionary.cfg) that can be should be modifiable using a ModuleManager patch file like (note I haven't actually tried this with a #autoLOC key yet so don't know if the # causes issues for MM):

@Localization
{
	@en-us
	{
		@#autoLOC_501324 = Whatever you want the science report to say
	}
}

42 minutes ago, Aelfhe1m said:

(note I haven't actually tried this with a #autoLOC key yet so don't know if the # causes issues for MM)

I can report that it does cause issues. I tried loading up your patch. First I got an "exception" then an error, and the science entry remained unchanged. So thank you, but swing and a miss I'm afraid.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.