[1.3.1]TextureReplacerReplaced v0.5.4

HaArLiNsH

2 minutes ago, Ger_space said:

as from KSP 1.2.0 and later, no. except that I have a better framerate.

ok, so we can just list that as solution

did you get the error spam regarding missing shaders?

Just now, Avera9eJoe said:

Wait do you get better FPS forcing DX11 or not adding that string?

forcing directx11 results in a better framerate. (for me)

1 minute ago, Sigma88 said:

ok, so we can just list that as solution

did you get the error spam regarding missing shaders?

My patch I posted earlier will bring back the load time to 0.2s (regardless of the renderer used)

No, they are all loaded normally. You need to update the content of the Shaders folder as well as the new plugin.

@Avera9eJoe (and others)

you can get the new reflective shader here: Githup

override the existing file in the TextureReplacer\Shaders folder. 

@Ger_space : I changed the line you asked in Master and I'll merge your PR as soon as I see it :)

So if I understand well , you encourage to use DX11 ? (I can notify somewhere this if needed) but how do you force DX11 ?

edit : lots of post while I was typing and be distracted, Merging done :)

Edited by HaArLiNsH

1 minute ago, HaArLiNsH said:

@Ger_space : I changed the line you asked in Master and I'll merge your PR as soon as I see it :)

So if I understand well , you encourage to use DX11 ? (I can notify somewhere this if needed) but how do you force DX11 ?

Add "-force-d3d11" to the target line in your Windows shortcut, or add it as a special parameter in Steam.  

I have issues with DX11, however, getting strange lines across terrain, almost like interlacing, and lots of moire on textures then.  I am not certain as to the cause, but I kinda suspect scatterer, as I think it used to have issues with DX11 once upon a time.  I haven't used DX11 since before the Unity upgrade and KSP became 64-bit by default.

1 minute ago, Cetera said:

Add "-force-d3d11" to the target line in your Windows shortcut, or add it as a special parameter in Steam.  

I have issues with DX11, however, getting strange lines across terrain, almost like interlacing, and lots of moire on textures then.  I am not certain as to the cause, but I kinda suspect scatterer, as I think it used to have issues with DX11 once upon a time.  I haven't used DX11 since before the Unity upgrade and KSP became 64-bit by default.

thx, I was too lazy to search :) 

Did you checked the new TRR_guide ?

10 minutes ago, Cetera said:

Haven't even downloaded or done anything with TRR yet.  Once I get the graphical editing done on my pack, then I will, to get the config file settings figured out.  

The textures you can find in the pack will (should) help you do the graphical part too. there you can see the different zones, a grid to see the deformations, ... You don't have to use all the files (the EVAground is useless in TR but the others works)  

I'll make pictures soon :)

1 hour ago, Avera9eJoe said:

That looks even better :) I'll update WindowShine today or tomorrow :D

don't rush your work, I'm not sure this is really stable yet :)

Edited by HaArLiNsH

47 minutes ago, HaArLiNsH said:

The textures you can find in the pack will (should) help you do the graphical part too. there you can see the different zones, a grid to see the deformations, ... You don't have to use all the files (the EVAground is useless in TR but the others works)  

Just took a look, and those are really nice.  They would have been most helpful when I started this years ago.  Instead, I kinda did it by hand, trial-and-error.  But for the most part, I was just modifying others' textures (mostly Bentley's), so I didn't have to create anything from scratch.  

Alright great news, we have a new pre_release guys, TRR v0.3 is up :) !

A really big thanks to @Ger_space !! 

This release is maybe a bit early and I'm sure there are few bugs and stranges things left but it seems to work better and no more log error spamming !

I also fixed the new suit system, you can activate this new functionality by clicking the button in the TRR gui :
"Kerbals use another EVA suit when on the ground and with no air" and now your choice stay between sessions :)

There is more with this new function, the suits are selected automatically now depending on where your Kerbal is (on the ground of Kerbin, on the Mun or other planet without atmosphere or in space)

KNOW ISSUES :
If you use the new state, DON'T use the "Toggle suit" button when your right click on your kerbal, as its fully automated now, it cause a conflict and you will see your texture flickering a bit. If that happen, get your kerbal back inside a vehicle and it will come to normal again. I'll fix this soon.

Of course you need a TRR ready suit pack to really use this new function, the only one that exist (not for long I hope) can be found in the new TRR_Guide  , here is a glimpse :

WHBcjZA.gif

And another sneak peak at my work on my future suit pack : The Dunian

aZPNT2a.gif

Edited by HaArLiNsH

@Avera9eJoe : this is still a pre release, I won't encourage you to switch totally from TR and use TRR unless your mod critically depend on this. It could brake it as its not a real stable and tested release and you may have problem with CKAN because TRR is not ready yet to get there :)

But nothing goes against you from doing a pre_release too while we finish the TRR's transition :)

On 6/19/2017 at 3:41 PM, HaArLiNsH said:

:)

Expect this to stay as it is, I really don't want to mess with the helmet removal :)

You can try something like this:

var helmCollider = helmObject.GetComponent<Collider>();
helmCollider.enabled = false;

out of curiosity, how many parameters are there for which having different suits might be interesting?

what I have in mind is:

Veteran: 2 (yes / no)
badSS: 2 (yes / no)
Role: 3 (Pilot, Engineer, Scientist)

for a total of 144 possible combinations

should it be possible for all of these 144 combinations to have a different suit? how does it work now?

1 hour ago, Sigma88 said:

out of curiosity, how many parameters are there for which having different suits might be interesting?

what I have in mind is:

should it be possible for all of these 144 combinations to have a different suit? how does it work now?

Keep in mind all the different roles certain mods have.  Mainly thinking USI.

6 hours ago, Sigma88 said:

what I have in mind is:

There is a freaking lot :) 

In summary :

The gender is not accounted, it should because the body is not the same, so there is as little warp at the shoulder, elbow and ass. But you don't want to double the texture list :)

States : 3  (IVA without helmet for vehicle and ground with atmosphere , EVA ground without atmosphere, EVA space)    (you can also have an helmet in IVA when you go high speed in your rocket, for now it use the EVA space helmet)

Roles:

• from 7- 8 (Pilot, Veteran Pilot, Val/female Veteran Pilot, Engineer, Veteran Engineer, Scientist, Veteran Scientist, neutral/tourist)
  • to 20- 21 if you use MKS (Pilot, Veteran Pilot, Val/female Veteran Pilot, Engineer, Veteran Engineer, Scientist, Veteran Scientist, neutral/tourist, Kolonist, Miner,Technician, Mechanic, Biologist, Geologist, Farmer, Medic, Quartermaster, Scout)

Each roles can have up to 55 textures files now with TRR and we have Normal Maps for the visors now and I'll add levels to them, this could leads us to 61 textures files but I don't recommend to make them all.

So the number I consider is 48 textures files per roles.

• 7 IVA Suit (6 lvl +NRM)
  • 7 EVA ground Helmet (6 lvl +NRM)
  • 4 EVA ground Jetpack (lvl 0+ lvl 3+ lvl 5 + NRM)
  • 7 EVA ground Suit (6 lvl +NRM)
  • 7 EVA space Helmet (6 lvl +NRM)
  • 4 EVA space Jetpack (lvl 0+ lvl 3+ lvl 5 + NRM)
  • 7 EVA space Suit (6 lvl +NRM)
  • 5 Visors (lvl 0+ NRM lvl 0 + lvl 3+ lvl 5 + NRM lvl 5)

So if you want to make a good suit pack you need something like

• 384 textures files for the basic game  (48 files x 8 roles)
  • 1008 textures for the full MKS (48 files x 21 roles) !!!

OMFG, I did not made the numbers until now ... :confused:

Expect my big suit pack... a bit later than SOON™  :)

I'm thinking about making levels for the heads ... but one part of me is not sure about this :)

Edited by HaArLiNsH

It could easily get out of hand. Make sure you don't bite off more than you can chew! It's a hard temptation to resist (im always making up new parts for my mod i didn't anticipate, but i try to temper it with common sense so i dont burn out).

The layers thing for heads would make it nice to have a "moustache/beard" option to match different hairstyles..... but yeah, dont give yourself so much to do that it becomes work Haar. :)

7 hours ago, Ger_space said:

You can try something like this:

var helmCollider = helmObject.GetComponent<Collider>();
helmCollider.enabled = false;

Well now that you say that I'll have to try when I have time :)

1 hour ago, Warsoul said:

Where you found the rigged Kerbal models ?

I'm not sure of what you're talking about :)

We don't change (yet) the model or the mesh of the kerbals, only the textures, normal maps and shaders.

I which I could use the model from the dead Kerbalizer , I want to see the hands and fingers of my kerbals ! :)

While this is not possible, you can cheat the hands using the normal map like I did for my suit pack. :)

4 minutes ago, Stevie_D said:

It could easily get out of hand. Make sure you don't bite off more than you can chew! It's a hard temptation to resist (im always making up new parts for my mod i didn't anticipate, but i try to temper it with common sense so i dont burn out).

The layers thing for heads would make it nice to have a "moustache/beard" option to match different hairstyles..... but yeah, dont give yourself so much to do that it becomes work Haar. :)

yeah I start to discover that :)

7 minutes ago, Warsoul said:

So in shorth we can't have access to a rigged Kerbal model for modding ? Squad won't us to modelize some new Kerbal ?

I (think) it's hardcoded @Warsoul . I've never seen anyone ever able to change the rigged body models. Add stuff to what they're wearing, change the textures, but never the rig or the model itself.

I know someone who's currently looking into it, but i don't think it'll be possible. If it was, the RSS crowd would've modded in a standard size human model by now heh 

Edited by Stevie_D

2 minutes ago, HaArLiNsH said:

yeah I start to discover that :)

Yeah, I have to make 13 textures for each class.  It takes time, even with the process I've learned now.  With the MKS suits, that 169 textures, plus I'm redoing my legacy command suits for good measure too.  However, I'm keeping them at all the 1k resolution, not 4k textures.  I don't have the artistic ability to recreate the base textures I'm tweaking at the higher resolution.

Thanks to the sample textures, I've discovered an issue that I have to fix in all of my helmet textures, that are already done.  I would have discovered the issue in testing anyway, but I noticed it and verified thanks to the sample textures.  Kudos for them!

Anyway, it is going to be a while before my pack is out.  

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.