KASA World War K Showcase

21 minutes ago, MiffedStarfish said:

Hmm. Try dropping it in fine control, and use cntrl to lower the craft partially into the water. That's the strategy I use, and I have never had s problem with it.

*Testing*

Alright, I've tested the Floating Fortress and I must say it's impressive! I especially like the details like the chair under the bridge and the light on the left side. Really adds the whole aesthetic. Only problem: I tried your method and it worked. We just lost the ships underside. The deck's fine, but the bottom part of the hull is a hole. Please advise. (The ship's afloat and all, but yeah, I'd like to avoid having a torpedo go through the hole in the hull and whack off all the fuel

1 minute ago, DarkOwl57 said:

Alright, I've tested the Floating Fortress and I must say it's impressive! I especially like the details like the chair under the bridge and the light on the left side. Really adds the whole aesthetic. Only problem: I tried your method and it worked. We just lost the ships underside. The deck's fine, but the bottom part of the hull is a hole. Please advise. (The ship's afloat and all, but yeah, I'd like to avoid having a torpedo go through the hole in the hull and whack off all the fuel

Use hyperedit. It works for me. Also, do you have KJR? If you have destruction effects,  uninstall it.

No but I'll describe it. The deck began shimmying and some structural plates flew off the side. The nose/bow thingy was spinning around and (Because of DestructionFX) The deck lit on fire

Uh.. Is that hole supposed to be there?

It happened again; thankfully I spammed F1 so I'll get the pics uploaded

1 minute ago, MiffedStarfish said:

Could you show me a pic of the hole? I would keep trying, I Lower it so about half of the 1.25 radial tanks. 

I removed the missiles so I could VTOL; I'll retry later (I'm working on the bomber class)

54 minutes ago, MiffedStarfish said:

It can VTOL without them, but that might be the problem. How has the rotating mechamism been for you, have you had any problems or failures?

Not a single issue at all. It's glorious

1 minute ago, MiffedStarfish said:

Yeah, I was assuming you were going to swap the stock missiles for BDA missiles on my craft, and I was wondering if you could send me them with the modded missiles. I'm submitting them for kethane station.

aaaalrighty. I'll warm up KSP and get to work

• 4 weeks later...

Hey @DarkOwl57,  I built a small F/A drone yesterday, would you want it for WWK?

I have a BDA version built which has 4 sidewinders, 2 AMRAAMS, and a Vulcan cannon. I also refitted the stock missiles with a high explosive warhead, allowing it to be used as a powered guided bomb or a overkill air to air missile. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.