[1.3.1] [EN | ES | DE] Action Group Manager Continued

Alshain

1 minute ago, Alshain said:

Action Groups Extended creates new action groups.  Those new action groups have to be saved into the craft file, which means it's sort-of not stock anymore.  I say "sort-of", because you can still load the craft in a stock game but you can't use the new action groups in it, so the craft can't be totally used as it was designed.

AGM doesn't edit craft files, it only affects the persistence file (active flights).  In fact the mod doesn't even load until you go to a vessel in flight.

Thanks for explaining - might want to add this to the OP for ppl to choose which they like more? :wink:

1 hour ago, Alshain said:

EDIT 2: @Tex_NL

So, it actually converted fairly well (for an ugly black skin :P ) It's going to take a little tweaking (not sure what is wrong with the part search) but I should be able to get that in for the next release.

D6iKxVK.png

Oh yeah. So much better. Love it. :D

On 6/19/2017 at 5:15 PM, klgraham1013 said:

The new UI is amazing!  You are the hero we needed!

Thanks!  I've never been called a "hero" before :wink:

The UI isn't done yet though, this is just the layout phase.  The next version will make it even better.

Edited by Alshain

- Version 2.1.0 Released -

Folder & File names have changed. Please delete old installations to remove unneeded resources.

Right on the heels of 2.0, comes v2.1.  This adds the remaining features I had on my personal to do list.  This means AGMC is now in maintenance mode.  I will of course still fix any bugs and entertain possible new feature requests but, my personal vision for the overhaul is all done.  The original post has once again been updated with a new guide.

Localization Help Needed:

v2.1 Supports localization, but I am not multi-lingual so I can not translate it myself.  Any help creating new dictionaries will certainly be welcome!

Changelog:

• Add support for Career mode limitations (optional)
  • Add Unity Skin (optional)
  • Add new flags and icons
  • Add auto-size to Recap window
  • Add toolbar/launcher button for Recap window (optional)
  • Add localization support
  • Moved "Order by Stage" option to the main UI
  • "Move Symmetry Linked parts" button now indicates how many symmetry linked parts there are
  • Renamed "Recap" to "Action Group List"
  • Font Rework on KSP Visual Style to match modern KSP
  • Fixed bug where most of the UI would be disabled if a craft had nothing in the coupling category
  • Fixed incorrect text on the "Use Text Action Groups" button
  • Fixed version checking which had an incorrect check URL
  • Added Changelog to the version checking system
  • Removed unused "Propulsion" category that exists in KSP's enumeration
  • Minor GUI enhancments
  • More Large Code Optimizations
Edited by Alshain

@fitiales has provided me with a localization file for Spanish.  This can be used with the current version, but will be included in future releases.  To use it now, go to Github here.  Right click the link and save as, place it in your Localization folder.

The localization file only covers Tooltips, Window text and titles, tweakable entries, etc.  For Parts names, Action names and tooltips that indicate part category names, and action group names, the game should be providing the localization.  If not please report that as a bug (for AGM, not the game).  I unfortunately have no effective way of testing it and I may have missed a conversion somewhere.

Also, if there are any font issues, clipping, etc with translated versions, let me know (with screenshots preferably)

Edited by Alshain

- Version 2.1.1 Released -

* Add icons similar to the VAB/SPH category icons
* Converted icons to Direct Draw Surfaces
* Add Spanish localization dictionary
* Modify the disable career setting effects to be immediate
* Fix and issue where the AG List icon wouldn't change if closed from the window button
* Fix an issue where AGM styles were bleeding over to other mods (like KER)
* Fix Tweakable Ui not respecting career mode setting

I'm getting an exception in-flight when I right-click on a command pod, then right click on empty space to close the pod's menu:

Spoiler

[EXC 20:32:26.763] ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Argument is out of range.
Parameter name: index
    System.Collections.Generic.List`1[ActionGroupManager.UI.UIActionGroupManager].get_Item (Int32 index)
    ActionGroupManager.UI.UIPartManager.Active (Boolean active)
    ActionGroupManager.UI.TweakableUi.OnPartActionUIDismiss (.Part data)
    EventData`1[Part].Fire (.Part data)
    UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
    EventData`1:Fire(Part)
    UIPartActionController:Deselect(Boolean)
    UIPartActionController:HandleMouseClick(Camera, Boolean)
    <MouseClickCoroutine>c__Iterator11D:MoveNext()
    UnityEngine.SetupCoroutine:InvokeMoveNext(IEnumerator, IntPtr)

Full log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/xtqfjemwvmotzas/KSPAGMC.log?dl=0

@Rodger

I think this one should be harmless but I can't seem to reproduce it.  If you can provide some additional information I might be able to track it down.

Is the command pod the root part of the vessel?
Does this NRE occur when clicking other parts with actions?
Did you enable the tweakable UI (through the AGM : Enable button on the root part) or was it disabled at the time?
At the time the error occurred had you done any other event triggering actions recently since the last visit to the space center? This is such as docking, undocking, or otherwise modifying the vessel (including damage from collisions).

I do see you are getting a lot of my debug logs.  That's not good, that means I forgot to disable the debug flag before releasing. It's harmless to you, but that may have broken localization.

Edited by Alshain

28 minutes ago, Alshain said:

Is the command pod the root part of the vessel?

Is that of so much relevance that we should make sure to launch no ships with other parts as root than command pods?

Just now, KerbMav said:

Is that of so much relevance that we should make sure to launch no ships with other parts as root than command pods?

No, it's purely a matter of code behavior in AGM.  I just need to know to track it down.  If it's the root part, AGM executes a different code path than if it isn't because the root part has the enable button.

Yeah, I don't get it on a stock + AGM install, must be a mod interaction... I did get an out of bounds exception though while testing with a stock install - when removing an action from an action group using the full GUI window in-flight. And also in the right-click menu of a part (I tested on a single part 2.5m stock capsule ship), pressing the AGM: Disable option to hide the tweakable UI editor options doesn't actually hide the extra menu items.

Log:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xc0n8laakl0f5ob/KSPAGMC2.log?dl=0

2 hours ago, Rodger said:

Yeah, I don't get it on a stock + AGM install, must be a mod interaction... I did get an out of bounds exception though while testing with a stock install - when removing an action from an action group using the full GUI window in-flight. And also in the right-click menu of a part (I tested on a single part 2.5m stock capsule ship), pressing the AGM: Disable option to hide the tweakable UI editor options doesn't actually hide the extra menu items.

Log:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/xc0n8laakl0f5ob/KSPAGMC2.log?dl=0

Yep, I found that one and fixed it yesterday when looking for the one you posted.  It's trying to repaint the action name after it has been removed from the list, it's also harmless because it only happens on the last one in the list at which point it doesn't matter anymore.  Thank you for the report though.

The AGM: Enable issue has been there since SirJulio's time.  I want to fix it but truth be told I've not fully 'explored' the tweakable UI code yet, I've only done enough to localize it and limit it in career mode.  I will find that eventually.

As for the original issue, it's strange to thing that it would be a mod interaction.  I suppose anything is possible, but the method the first stack trace pointed out doesn't access anything from KSP directly.  Nevertheless, unless I can reproduce it, it's insanely difficult to predict what it is doing.  I've overhauled the debug logging system in the next version so maybe that will make it more clear.  You will be able to turn on and off the debug logging from your end.

Also in the next version the two UI's are separate modules now. they were mostly independent already so I separated them.  If you don't use the tweakables "Lite" UI you can delete it's DLL (kind of like removing City Lights from EVE), likewise if you use only the Lite UI you can remove the visual one (except then you can only change the settings through XML editing, something else that will change eventually).

Edited by Alshain

On 7/15/2017 at 2:13 PM, emirkustirika said:

mod is great if the mod realese put the Ckan much better thank for your efors and time and any others thinks 

thank you Alshain

I don't have any control over CKAN.  I don't use it and I can't support it.  Sorry.

• 2 weeks later...
57 minutes ago, Khatharr said:

Regarding CKAN, are you unwilling to participate in it, or just don't have time to mess with it?

A little of both.  I am unwilling to mess with it because I can not predict what it is doing. I don't have time to mess with it either (I just started a new job so I don't have a lot of time for much of anything).

If you encounter problems with the mod (installation or otherwise) and it's not easily reproducible, I simply can't help you until you install it using my installation and reproduce the problem.  This is because I can not rule out the possibility that the problem is CKAN

I've only even used CKAN once, and when it failed to install the latest version of one of my mods and caused issues, never again.  I do have support for KSP-AVC though, and MiniAVC is included to let you know when there are updates.

For AGM it should be a simple matter of writing a very short JSON file and then submitting it as an issue at the CKAN GitHub. (Or let guru do it for you, since he's offering.) Since AGM is on SpaceDock that should be the last you ever have to mess with it - CKAN will notice updates on SpaceDock and automatically switch to the new version where appropriate. CKAN gets along fine with AVC.

The only potential issue I can imagine for AGM would be that new versions may not be able to read the old version's config file, but that's the same issue you'd get with any update process, including manual updates - if it's ever an issue at all.

Edited by Khatharr

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.