Deploy Drill Button Missing.

In Gamedata>Squad>Parts>Resources>Minidrill and Gamedata>Squad>Parts>Resources>Radialdrill, in MiniDrill.cfg and radialDrill.cfg respectively, the following code

MODULE
	{
		name = ModuleAnimationGroup
		deployAnimationName = Deploy
		activeAnimationName = Drill
		moduleType = Drill
	}	

was substituted with:

MODULE
	{
		deployActionName = #autoLOC_6002384 //#autoLOC_6002384 = Deploy <<1>>
		retractActionName = #autoLOC_6002385 //#autoLOC_6002385 = Retract <<1>>
		toggleActionName = #autoLOC_6002386 //#autoLOC_6002386 = Toggle <<1>>
		moduleType = #autoLOC_7001228 //#autoLOC_7001228 = Drill
		displayActions = false
	}	

If 

displayActions = false

is deleted, things should be as before, BUT, if you have in your pre 1.3 savegames ships having drills to which you have assigned previously an action key, you have to manually remove from the savegame, in ModuleAnimationGroup/Actions every instance of 

Active = False

You may find. Do this after you've deleted displayActions = false in the drill's config (perhaps it's better a modulemanager patch, waiting to know the reasons developers have added that line).

On 6/13/2017 at 4:40 PM, Terensky said:

In Gamedata>Squad>Parts>Resources>Minidrill and Gamedata>Squad>Parts>Resources>Radialdrill, in MiniDrill.cfg and radialDrill.cfg respectively, the following code

MODULE
	{
		moduleType = Drill
	}	

was substituted with:

MODULE
	{
		deployActionName = #autoLOC_6002384 //#autoLOC_6002384 = Deploy <<1>>
		retractActionName = #autoLOC_6002385 //#autoLOC_6002385 = Retract <<1>>
		toggleActionName = #autoLOC_6002386 //#autoLOC_6002386 = Toggle <<1>>
		moduleType = #autoLOC_7001228 //#autoLOC_7001228 = Drill
		displayActions = false
	}	

If 

displayActions = false

is deleted, things should be as before, BUT, if you have in your pre 1.3 savegames ships having drills to which you have assigned previously an action key, you have to manually remove from the savegame, in ModuleAnimationGroup/Actions every instance of 

Active = False

You may find. Do this after you've deleted displayActions = false in the drill's config (perhaps it's better a modulemanager patch, waiting to know the reasons developers have added that line).

I got away with editing the displayActions = true (instead of delete) and the option is back in game, including for any new ships I launch (even if they are from 1.2). However I have issues editing ships already in space. Can you explain a bit better how to edit saved ships?

Edited by mystik

3 hours ago, mystik said:

I got away with editing the displayActions = true (instead of delete) and the option is back in game, including for any new ships I launch (even if they are from 1.2). However I have issues editing ships already in space. Can you explain a bit better how to edit saved ships?

I can try: it's a little bit tedious work, but perhaps if you can use an advanced text editor you could do it in a snap (for the record, I couldn't).

Anyway: under 

PART
{
	name = RadialDrill (or MiniDrill)

for ships you have unpacked since 1.3 (i.e. used in game, those you haven't will work after setting displayActions = True) you should find the following section that read about like this:

MODULE
				{
					isEnabled = True
					_isActive = False
					isDeployed = False
					stagingEnabled = True
					EVENTS
					{
					}
					ACTIONS
					{
						DeployModuleAction
						{
							actionGroup = None
							active = False
						}
						RetractModuleAction
						{
							actionGroup = None
							active = False
						}
						ToggleModuleAction
						{
							actionGroup = Custom02
							active = False
						}
					}

In the example above I just assigned '2' to toggle the drill ('actionGroup = Custom02'), so your entries may vary if you used other keys and/or actions (or if your drills were already deployed and active, but in this case just ignore  'isDeployed = False and '_isActive = False' and leave them as they are).

You should delete the lines with the following syntax:

active = False

(but only in the aforementioned 'ModuleAnimationGroup' section!)

and your old ships should work as before, as mine did. As an example, the above code after the correction should look like this:

MODULE
				{
					isEnabled = True
					_isActive = False
					isDeployed = False
					stagingEnabled = True
					EVENTS
					{
					}
					ACTIONS
					{
						DeployModuleAction
						{
							actionGroup = None
						}
						RetractModuleAction
						{
							actionGroup = None
						}
						ToggleModuleAction
						{
							actionGroup = Custom02
						}
					}

Edited by Terensky
syntax error

9 hours ago, Terensky said:

I can try: it's a little bit tedious work, but perhaps if you can use an advanced text editor you could do it in a snap (for the record, I couldn't).

Anyway: under 

PART
{
	name = RadialDrill (or MiniDrill)

for ships you have unpacked since 1.3 (i.e. used in game, those you haven't will work after setting displayActions = True) you should find the following section that read about like this:

MODULE
				{
					isEnabled = True
					_isActive = False
					isDeployed = False
					stagingEnabled = True
					EVENTS
					{
					}
					ACTIONS
					{
						DeployModuleAction
						{
							actionGroup = None
							active = False
						}
						RetractModuleAction
						{
							actionGroup = None
							active = False
						}
						ToggleModuleAction
						{
							actionGroup = Custom02
							active = False
						}
					}

In the example above I just assigned '2' to toggle the drill ('actionGroup = Custom02'), so your entries may vary if you used other keys and/or actions (or if your drills were already deployed and active, but in this case just ignore  'isDeployed = False and '_isActive = False' and leave them as they are).

You should delete the lines with the following syntax:

active = False

(but only in the aforementioned 'ModuleAnimationGroup' section!)

and your old ships should work as before, as mine did. As an example, the above code after the correction should look like this:

MODULE
				{
					isEnabled = True
					_isActive = False
					isDeployed = False
					stagingEnabled = True
					EVENTS
					{
					}
					ACTIONS
					{
						DeployModuleAction
						{
							actionGroup = None
						}
						RetractModuleAction
						{
							actionGroup = None
						}
						ToggleModuleAction
						{
							actionGroup = Custom02
						}
					}

Neat. I tried a bit yesterday but ended up editing the wrong stuff. Now it's a bit more clear. I do have one question. Would editing the ship file and instead of deleting the active = False replacing it with active = True have the same effect? The thing is I rather play safe because I have a public ship released and I wish to update it to 1.3 but not break it for future patches in case the line you are deleting becomes mandatory and the lack of it breaks the code. Does that sound crazy? I admit I am not much of a programmer or even code editor and it shows.

1 hour ago, mystik said:

Neat. I tried a bit yesterday but ended up editing the wrong stuff. Now it's a bit more clear. I do have one question. Would editing the ship file and instead of deleting the active = False replacing it with active = True have the same effect? The thing is I rather play safe because I have a public ship released and I wish to update it to 1.3 but not break it for future patches in case the line you are deleting becomes mandatory and the lack of it breaks the code. Does that sound crazy? I admit I am not much of a programmer or even code editor and it shows.

Really, I don't know as I've never tried this way, but I don't see why it shouldn't work either.

Anyway, if you are releasing ships for public use, perhaps you'd like to ask someone to write down for you a modulemanager patch for modifying Squad stuff, otherwise your ship may not work if the ship's user doesn't modify the Squad's .cfg files.

46 minutes ago, Terensky said:

Really, I don't know as I've never tried this way, but I don't see why it shouldn't work either.

Anyway, if you are releasing ships for public use, perhaps you'd like to ask someone to write down for you a modulemanager patch for modifying Squad stuff, otherwise your ship may not work if the ship's user doesn't modify the Squad's .cfg files.

There is a bug reported here for this http://bugs.kerbalspaceprogram.com/issues/15410. I am thinking that this is only a temporary issue regarding the parts since there is one dev that is handling this. However, the ship files may need the field set to true instead of delete, to not break the file with future updates.

Edited by mystik

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.