Mid-Thrust 0.625m Jet Engine

So I'm working on some replicas of old fighter jets, like the F-84 Thunderjet and the experimental would-have-been-but-never-was Ta-183. My biggest problem is the low amount of thrust from the current 0.625m jet engine. It's a nice little jet and works great on replicas of the Me-262 and MiG-9, but aircraft like the Thunderjet need something with a bit more punch.

My thought is to add a new 0.625m jet with more thrust than the current 0.625m jet, but less than its 1.25m big brother. It would have less efficiency than its little-ish brother, but would provide the punch needed to get something like the oddly-shaped Thunderjet up to faster speeds.

4 hours ago, Noud said:

i would like to see a 0.625 R.A.P.I.E.R.

kind of strange thing i never found one in all the mods i have used, he cause the normal one is basically 4 0.625 stitched together  

I'd make some complaint about how that's unrealistic but... you've got a point.

15 hours ago, JMBuilder said:

So I'm working on some replicas of old fighter jets, like the F-84 Thunderjet and the experimental would-have-been-but-never-was Ta-183. My biggest problem is the low amount of thrust from the current 0.625m jet engine. It's a nice little jet and works great on replicas of the Me-262 and MiG-9, but aircraft like the Thunderjet need something with a bit more punch.

My thought is to add a new 0.625m jet with more thrust than the current 0.625m jet, but less than its 1.25m big brother. It would have less efficiency than its little-ish brother, but would provide the punch needed to get something like the oddly-shaped Thunderjet up to faster speeds.

Have you checked Airplanes Plus?

That's what I always do, clip multiple together, then use the thrust limiter on one if you feel you have too much power. So you're adding mass, the need for more air intakes and a higher fuel consumption but all of that in the same shape. Part clipping is one of the best things in the editor.

Tip to reduce drag: use the 0.625 nose cone, radially attach to let's say a fuel tank, then add the Juno's and offset them all in until it looks like one.  And this way you won't have a problem with fuel flow (like when using the part clipping cheat, double stacking always blocks the first engine from getting fuel).

I think 0.625 needs a fuller range of wing pieces before it can really be worthwhile.  Also, a small radial intake.  I tried to build a UAV and the thing ended up rather huge.  You wouldn't even need much, just a few smaller wing pieces and an intake to make drone possibilities a lot better.

Maybe if we beg @RoverDude, Making History will include a few parts to build an Altair. (That is part of modern history after all)

162218main_altair2_hr.jpg

Edited by Alshain

5 hours ago, Alshain said:

I think 0.625 needs a fuller range of wing pieces before it can really be worthwhile.

YES. For (insert deity of choice)'s sake, the wing panels now are terrible for building small aircraft, as introduced by the 0.625m parts.

9 hours ago, mattinoz said:

If 0.625 had a fuller range of engines generally I wouldn't need tweak scale.

i dont like tweak scale at all specially for the 0.625. if you scale down engines the either become extremely OP or look really ugly (probably most important)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.