Alcentar Rescue system v1.1 new details and KURAN 24.06.2017

Alcentar

This very simple addition adds a few details to the game. 
1. HS_RLS
Heat shield with integrated landing feet.

screenshot142.png

2. HS_ARSLS
Thermal shield with integrated landing legs and integrated solid fuel installation.

screenshot140.png
3. SS_P
A design with built-in parachutes, it is convenient enough to lower the spent stages.

screenshot149.png

4. Super krago
Has built-in fuel that allows you to lower the capsule without parachutes.

screenshot139.png

V1.1

1. Corrected system errors cfg in sizes Heat shield
2. Added fuel for ARSLS, also slightly reduced the traction force.
3. Added details for creating an analog stock shuttle, now in the game there is a detail for the ship Kuran (thanks to @DECQ for the provided cocpit), also made a single wing, aerodynamic nose and RCS blocks
4. Added a new Heat shield which has a dock port, added a leg, it's a leg analog from SpaceX, added an improved docking port, it has a soft docking system and also built-in lights.

image.png

WARNING: the landing leg is not activated by pressing the "G" button, so adjust it in the hangar.

Download:

https://spacedock.info/mod/1415/Alcentar rescue system

Edited by Alcentar

Nice features since I make so many unintended landings on the non-wet parts of Kerbin.  one note, the descriptions for the ARSLS125 and the RSL125 have "Thermal screen with integrated chassis and retro motors"  when the RSL125 should have "Thermal screen with integrated chassis."  

If I may ask, since these sizes match stock sizes, why did you make  the ablator,drag,lfts...etc config values different.  I would be more likely to use these if they were interchangeable with stock.  I can understand a mass increase because of the added features but they all have ablator values of 50.  I read the description which states a burn rate at 2000k of 0.1 unit/sec as apposed to the stock 0.5 units/sec but why the different values?  Are these heat shields for thinner non Kerbin atmospheres? 

17 hours ago, jpkerman said:

Nice features since I make so many unintended landings on the non-wet parts of Kerbin.  one note, the descriptions for the ARSLS125 and the RSL125 have "Thermal screen with integrated chassis and retro motors"  when the RSL125 should have "Thermal screen with integrated chassis."  

If I may ask, since these sizes match stock sizes, why did you make  the ablator,drag,lfts...etc config values different.  I would be more likely to use these if they were interchangeable with stock.  I can understand a mass increase because of the added features but they all have ablator values of 50.  I read the description which states a burn rate at 2000k of 0.1 unit/sec as apposed to the stock 0.5 units/sec but why the different values?  Are these heat shields for thinner non Kerbin atmospheres? 

Thanks for the comment, I really missed it.

15 hours ago, harrisjosh2711 said:

Any possibility that you could integrate a docking port into one of these? I have been looking every where to find one.

I can try to do it. :)

These models are quite nice! (I almost skipped over this unfortunately because your SpaceDock page is really sparse). If I could make a request: I know this is very specific, but, any chance you can add a solid motor integrated version of the Soyuz heat shield in Tantares?

3 hours ago, Z3R0_0NL1N3 said:

These models are quite nice! (I almost skipped over this unfortunately because your SpaceDock page is really sparse). If I could make a request: I know this is very specific, but, any chance you can add a solid motor integrated version of the Soyuz heat shield in Tantares?

Unfortunately, I can not do this because Tantares is not my add-on, I think you need to ask the author for this add-on.

On 16.06.2017 at 7:40 AM, Z3R0_0NL1N3 said:

I'm sure Beale would be open to it if you shoot him a PM.

No, I think you should ask the author to make your request

9 hours ago, Fr8monkey said:

This guy is making my hard drive cranky...

It's very nice to see the video from KottabosGames, although the add-on has not been finalized yet and now I'm working on some new details and bug fixes.

1 hour ago, pes_petya said:

Is that possible to run this mod on my 1.2.2 version without compatibility issues?

This works in 1.2.2 since it does not have any unique capabilities, everything is simple enough.

V1.1

1. Corrected system errors cfg in sizes Heat shield
2. Added fuel for ARSLS, also slightly reduced the traction force.
3. Added details for creating an analog stock shuttle, now in the game there is a detail for the ship Kuran (thanks to @DECQ for the provided cocpit), also made a single wing, aerodynamic nose and RCS blocks
4. Added a new Heat shield which has a dock port, added a leg, it's a leg analog from SpaceX, added an improved docking port, it has a soft docking system and also built-in lights.

image.png

WARNING: the landing leg is not activated by pressing the "G" button, so adjust it in the hangar.

Download:

https://spacedock.info/mod/1415/Alcentar rescue system

So, I'm a bit confused here. The P125, P205, P375, and the Super Krago engine all require the technology largeControl.. which doesn't appear to be a thing. I have all the other parts in my game so far as I can tell, but those ones are not as the technology required to unlock them isn't on the tech tree. Is this a community tech tree only node that isn't on the stock tree?

Edit: Changed the to landing, advanced landing, heavy landing, and precision propulsion respectively and now it's all working fine.

Edited by Enorats

• 5 months later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 2 months later...
5 hours ago, DStaal said:

Minor correction: The docking heatshields are a bit odd.  (MechJeb's docking autopilot doesn't recognize them as docking ports, and at least on my ship had the direction reversed.)  They do still dock, however.

That would be why. If the reference transform (its control transform) and its docking node transform are not aligned then MJ can't use it to dock with. Though.... it might be able to dock TO it from another ship with a properly modeled port.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.