Hello from Newty

NewtSoup

Hello there :) I'm Newtsoup aka Ruth,

Just joined the game after many years of not buying it.  Wish I had much earlier now.  I'm a veteran of SWG, EVE, WoW, WAR, SWTOR, STO, Minecraft :D and many other games.  One of the things I love most about this game is that it has a native linux client!.  Very Very thankful for that.  This is probably one of the most challenging games I've played in terms of you don't get it right first time unless you're really lucky!

Welcome to (imo) the greatest game ever made. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. While it may have a steep learning curve, that just makes accomplishments even more awesome. If you need any help or have any questions, post in the Gameplay Questions section and tons of people will fight to the death trying to help you the most.

Thanks guys,  sorry for the slow response.  I spent most of yesterday evening working out how to put a satellite into a polar orbit of Kerbin out past the Mun.  When I finally got there I realised I'd forgotten to put the required goo container on it lol.  Ahh well it's all good practice :D.  I will indeed go and post in the gameplay section now :) 

On 6/14/2017 at 8:36 AM, NewtSoup said:

Thanks guys,  sorry for the slow response.  I spent most of yesterday evening working out how to put a satellite into a polar orbit of Kerbin out past the Mun.  When I finally got there I realised I'd forgotten to put the required goo container on it lol.  Ahh well it's all good practice :D.  I will indeed go and post in the gameplay section now :) 

Doh! I've been there many times. We all have, I'm sure. I've taken shiny new probes all the way out to Duna only to discover they were missing antennae :rolleyes:

Oh well! Enjoy your time here.

On 2017-6-14 at 2:36 PM, NewtSoup said:

I've launched many many missions over the past few years, docking to rotating objects, landing a space plane that broke up in re-entry and no kerbal died,   Yesterday I launched a space station that didn't have the required RTG on board. You are not alone, accept that missions go wrong and fix them later.  

Welcome aboard!