[Stock] Lynx II Main Battle Tank

RVezjIK.jpg

I'm happy to introduce to you the Lynx II Main Battle Tank. This completely stock fighting vehicle comes armed with 6 high-velocity i-beam launchers (housed on a 360° rotating turret) capable of stopping any adversary in it's tracks. For an extra measure of self defense this tank also features an independent-rotating half-length i-beam launcher mounted on the top of the turret. 

The Lynx II takes the name from its predecessor.  The Lynx II is nowhere near as heavily armored as past vehicles such as the Relentless and instead focuses on being more agile with a lower chassis profile. The Lynx II however does feature a highly sloped upper and lower front glacis in order to help deflect incoming fire. The Lynx II was built on the philosophy that the best defense is a good offense. A single shot from it's main weaponry is often enough to send it's target back to the stone age.

The turret ring and bearing mechanism have also been strengthened compared to previous tank models; greatly improving the durability of the machine. 

In all this 10 meter long tank weighs in at 340 parts and 27 tons. 

(Make sure to select "Control From here" from the probe core in the center of the chassis after decoupling the central turret)

Download The Lynx II Main Battle Tank Here

Or download at KerbalX: https://kerbalx.com/Jon144/JTF---Lynx-II-MBT

Spoiler

8B407A4D28AB70CEDECCDCD2243C56359FA6D4DC9D99D0179AB7772585F133964BCEA0B9590A1E3342C28472D7AFD98922C71C18B098A83275563199FF280130A08EF75A8ABFEA8CA0C47B878EDCD0FA7EE9C74363B8D0152A31F726E0FC1F11593ACECF4166E05F6411C4B1BADF8D9333E5C9EB2E051E4273FD0BBFAFC59ABB883B9EF719738055E909DCA3

Edited by Jon144

Its always really awkward having to make the first comment to your own post.

How about a quick video of it's offensive capabilities? Pitting it against its namesake. 

I will also at a later time publish a neutral steering version of the vehicle. The current download has traditional rover steering. 

Edited by Jon144

11 minutes ago, MiffedStarfish said:

Those missiles look like you've set them up perfectly to counteract gravity, what angle/engine layout/engine amount are you using?

x16 configuration without about 1.6 units of solid fuel each. They're about 3 clicks angled vertically (don't know how many degrees that translates to) and it also depends a lot on the angle the turret itself sits at. After pulling a lot of my hair out I got it to sit and rotate at a nice level plane. The SAS still has enough of a kick to give some limited variation in vertical targeting if you are a good enough of an aim. Its not too hard given the optimal firing ranges are fairly low. 

Anyways it has been the configuration I have used since the beginning of time. 

Edited by Jon144

Well, no pictures, but I did make a powerful spread-shot weapon attached to my custom vehicle. It is a small, lightly armoured truck with said missile, a rocket launcher. It may get a bit laggy, but the computer handled the many explosions. Although not very suited for attacking even the lightest armor, it can damage multiple targets in a set distance (unknown for now, but can be controlled by using autostrut.)

On 6/15/2017 at 11:09 PM, Jon144 said:

x16 configuration without about 1.6 units of solid fuel each. They're about 3 clicks angled vertically (don't know how many degrees that translates to) and it also depends a lot on the angle the turret itself sits at. After pulling a lot of my hair out I got it to sit and rotate at a nice level plane. The SAS still has enough of a kick to give some limited variation in vertical targeting if you are a good enough of an aim. Its not too hard given the optimal firing ranges are fairly low. 

Anyways it has been the configuration I have used since the beginning of time. 

Clicks as in Shift + Q, W, E, A, S, D, or the Rotate tool?

Rotate Tool with snap on turns selected part(s) in 15 degree increments. Shift + Q, W, E, A, S, D is finer, doing 5 degree increments per press.

Edited by Joseph Kerman

1 hour ago, Joseph Kerman said:

Well, no pictures, but I did make a powerful spread-shot weapon attached to my custom vehicle. It is a small, lightly armoured truck with said missile, a rocket launcher. It may get a bit laggy, but the computer handled the many explosions. Although not very suited for attacking even the lightest armor, it can damage multiple targets in a set distance (unknown for now, but can be controlled by using autostrut.)

Clicks as in Shift + Q, W, E, A, S, D, or the Rotate tool?

Rotate Tool with snap on turns selected part(s) in 15 degree increments. Shift + Q, W, E, A, S, D is finer, doing 5 degree increments per press.

It doesn't matter too much. It will be different depending at the height that they sit and the natural inclination of the vehicle they sit on. You just have to do some trial and error to find it. But when you do these I-beam launchers fly like laser-beams. 

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.