Change ownership of a mod thread's first post after somene else takes over?

Dunbaratu

The forum thread for the kOS modwas first begun by user @erendrake, but he hasn't been active in the mod or in the forums for quite a long time now.

For the last several versions he's not been available, and the mod has been updated and maintained by myself (@Steven Mading) and @hvacengi.

Now we're running into the problem that we can't change the first post in the thread.  So it claims incorrectly that the mod hasn't been updated in a while.

What is the protocol for trying to do something about this?  Do we just have to start a new thread and hope people eventually stop using the old one?

Hi i do this kind of thing quite frequently,  and the approved way forward is to start another thread, If you can get permission for the mod creator to carry on the mod that makes life and creating a new post a lot easier, and depending on license conditions, makes it possible or otherwise. 

If you manage to get permission you can legitimately ask for the original thread to be locked once you have pasted in a link for your new shiny thread.  If permission before hand is impossible to get the best you can do is hope that the moderators view a new post favorably. 

As mentioned I've done this, and every time recently i've almost been scuppered by the permission issue, it's well worth getting hold of the creator by any means. my last two creator hunts ended on steam and imgur respectively by finding and sending pm's to those involved. It should I have had threads locked as well for not having that explicit permission on hand. despite having months of postings and releases in the old thread to prove I was indeed the only current maintainer. 

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.