Mod Expansions for Console

Good Idea?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Should this system be used?

• Yes
    • No?

So I'm playing on my PS4, and I have this sudden urge to create some sort of space lifter. I have the idea, I don't have the parts. Now here is what I am suggesting: Every so often, Squad releases a poll for mods that the console community would want to see. The winner becomes a free downloadable expansion for the PS4. For example:

BD Armory - 32%

Infernal Robotics - 45%

RSS - 23%

Is this a good way to allow console players to access mods? Am I just overthinking this?

20 minutes ago, Casualnaut said:

So I'm playing on my PS4, and I have this sudden urge to create some sort of space lifter. I have the idea, I don't have the parts. Now here is what I am suggesting: Every so often, Squad releases a poll for mods that the console community would want to see. The winner becomes a free downloadable expansion for the PS4. For example:

BD Armory - 32%

Infernal Robotics - 45%

RSS - 23%

Is this a good way to allow console players to access mods? Am I just overthinking this?

Well it's not up to squad if those mods could be released. Each mod is licensed by its developer and Squad would need permission first. Also, it would have to go through TakeTwo interactive now, and that makes it very unlikely. TT wants to make money. They would want to charge for things like that. 

Secondly, it's not like these mods would just plug and play. They would have to be ported over so PS4 can use them. That takes time and money to do. Seems rather unlikely to happen. 

Edited by Galileo

I really really hope that Squad and TT realize the monetary opportunity with console dlc... as a exclusive console player I pay for dlc a lot and most of us are used to paying 20 to 60 dollars for normal dlc. on top of the 60 dollar game price tag. If a official licensed MOD popped up in the xbox store for any reasonable amount, I would buy it so fast it would make your head spin. I'm a new father and for a lot of us, consoles are all we are going to have, an expensive PC not an option, but we want at least some of what the PC players have...... Squad.... make more awesome stuff and license those MODS.. ill pay.... a lot.

On 6/23/2017 at 5:56 PM, Shenanagin5 said:

I really really hope that Squad and TT realize the monetary opportunity with console dlc

What? So you want Squad/T2 to make more DLCs? They haven't even finished one. For PC. Also, as Galileo mentioned, I don't think it would be easy for squad to just rip the mod, stick a price tag on it, and resell it, which is what you are suggesting. Think of the conversation

Squad - "Hey Modder - Can I borrow your code which took you long hard hours to make and sell it without giving you profit?"
Modder - "Uh, no....."

Also, maybe YOU would buy it, but maybe I wouldn't. It would be best if someone could make some adapter of PC to console for those on console to be able to mod,but this may not be a feasible idea.

On 6/24/2017 at 8:13 PM, qzgy said:

What? So you want Squad/T2 to make more DLCs? They haven't even finished one. For PC. Also, as Galileo mentioned, I don't think it would be easy for squad to just rip the mod, stick a price tag on it, and resell it, which is what you are suggesting. Think of the conversation

Squad - "Hey Modder - Can I borrow your code which took you long hard hours to make and sell it without giving you profit?"
Modder - "Uh, no....."

Also, maybe YOU would buy it, but maybe I wouldn't. It would be best if someone could make some adapter of PC to console for those on console to be able to mod,but this may not be a feasible idea.

How about "hey modder" "here's an offer we have for you as we are interested in purchasing your exceptional content you have created" I was just saying I would love to see more official mods/additional content... don't have to Get upset 

Edited by Shenanagin5
Trying to be civil

46 minutes ago, Shenanagin5 said:

How about "hey modder" "here's an offer we have for you as we are interested in purchasing your exceptional content you have created" I was just saying I would love to see more official mods/additional content... don't have to Get upset 

The console release already incorporates several (former) mods in that way, believe it or not.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.