A little turn based "war" idea in ksp... All stock, looking for people

Should I make this a youtube series?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Should I make this a youtube series?

• Yes
    • No
    • bread

44 minutes ago, Bubbadevlin said:

So if i am understanding this right, each person has 1 up to 500 part and 500t ship, edited into orbit. Then people would take turns attacking other ships (following navel battle rules) and whoever kills the most, yet gets knocked out the least, wins?

I just want to know the rules!! :)

1 ship which is 500 part, and no restrictions on anything under that, use as many as you want, you will have a spacedock, that is the thing you must protect, if you lose two of them (around different planets) you lose.

kerbalX link: https://kerbalx.com/hangars/20747

That doesn't make sense. Due to the turn based nature, everyone will just destroy the unarmoured space dock and bypass the defending ship, making whoever goes first win. How about 2 ships at 750 parts combined, and you can only attack the spacedock if there are no enemy ships within 15km of it?

It was a vote, so yeah I voted No...  but I have a hard time in general, using Kerbal and War in the same sentence...

But there do seem to be folks who are interested, so I would encourage you to proceed as you see fit!

16 hours ago, MiffedStarfish said:

That doesn't make sense. Due to the turn based nature, everyone will just destroy the unarmoured space dock and bypass the defending ship, making whoever goes first win. How about 2 ships at 750 parts combined, and you can only attack the spacedock if there are no enemy ships within 15km of it?

yeah, thats probably better

5 hours ago, Nailed it! said:

How is tonelage represented?

If it says 89.180, it Is 89 tones or 89 thousand tones?

89 tones

15 hours ago, MiffedStarfish said:

Who is setting up the persist? If you want I'll do it later on. Also, can I recommend doing it around jools moons as opposed to planets? That cuts burn times and let's heavier warships still participate.

I have already started it, and jool moons are probably a good idea

So, we got the save. How do we get the ships? There's only a dock on Vall and some ships but no more. How do we get this working? I can't seem to post mine on the KerbalX hangar. And do we have to make the dock ourselves?

Sorry for asking many questions, I'm still a rookie

Edited by Nailed it!

17 hours ago, Nailed it! said:

So, we got the save. How do we get the ships? There's only a dock on Vall and some ships but no more. How do we get this working? I can't seem to post mine on the KerbalX hangar. And do we have to make the dock ourselves?

Sorry for asking many questions, I'm still a rookie

either make it yourself, or just use mine, just rename it.you can also drag your ships into the file too

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.