Grus III Long-Range SSTO

The Grus III is a long-range SSTO capable of Mun landings, though according to my Delta V calculations it can easily go well beyond that. It can get into orbit very easily due to its high TWR while using its Rapier engines. Its (roughly) estimated Delta V in LKO is about 4,270 m/s. 

Specifications:

Part Count: 97

Mass: 80.545t

Height: 5.8m

Width: 22.8m

Length: 25.6m

vASNcAz.jpg

Here it is on The Mun. It can make the trip easily as it was designed for bigger missions. It is also equipped with four science experiments, located on the belly of the craft.

otBe8Vr.jpg

Here it is in the SPH. Some (kinda) strange features are its extra pair of engines. While very helpful during the initial ascent, extra reaction wheels are needed in space to prevent the Grus III from flipping all over the place due to the weird Center of Thrust. (At least this isn't the case with the nukes, though. That would be bad.)

XBrLoVF.jpg

The Grus III completed the Mun trip with quite a bit of fuel left over. I am currently taking it to Duna, and I plan on finding out just how far I can take it. (Gravity assists, here I come!)

Download here: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BwpycuAS_53bcXdYMDl1MEhBV2s

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.