Making a naval YT series, looking for stock submissions

I've slightly modified the Trenton III cruiser, fixing the fuel routing problem, removing the Z-clipping from the deck and adding docking ports to timewarp-proof the turret. I also added some anti air missiles near the back. Are you ok with those changes?

1 hour ago, MiffedStarfish said:

I've slightly modified the Trenton III cruiser, fixing the fuel routing problem, removing the Z-clipping from the deck and adding docking ports to timewarp-proof the turret. I also added some anti air missiles near the back. Are you ok with those changes?

Yeah, fine. Azimech also made a modified version, it's on the KerbalX page.

20 hours ago, MiffedStarfish said:

Ooh! I'll almost definitely be using those, the fighter especially, as its very similar in size and probably capabilities to my carrier fighter. Do you have downloads?

Sorry, I'm still fixing problems with both. It's been a long time since I've made a craft for the forums, and I don't want my rustiness to rub off on the craft, especially if you're using them in a video.

If there are any particular things you want added to either of them though, feel free to point them out.

20 hours ago, MiffedStarfish said:
Edited by pTrevTrevs

I've never really tried stock weaponry. Made a few tanks 2 years ago. Built me a missile frigate yesterday. The hull is fine. And it has torpedoes, cruise missiles and a turret with aiming reticle and 10 rockets. But man! Using stock weapons must be the most tedious and uninspiring stuff I've ever done!

Tell you what, I'll offer the basic hull with propulsion and leave the weapons out. The fun part is if you destroy the "armor", the fuel tanks on the side, it will sink.

I'm too discontent with stock weaponry to continue working on it.

And it really makes me want to update my mods WW2 Warships and Real Ships.

Edited by Azimech

3 minutes ago, Azimech said:

The fun part is if you destroy the "armor", the fuel tanks on the side, it will sink.

This seems like a massive design flaw...

10 minutes ago, Azimech said:

I've never really tried stock weaponry. Made a few tanks 2 years ago. Built me a missile frigate yesterday. The hull is fine. And it has torpedoes, cruise missiles and a turret with aiming reticle and 10 rockets. But man! Using stock weapons must be the most tedious and uninspiring stuff I've ever done!

Tell you what, I'll offer the basic hull with propulsion and leave the weapons out. The fun part is if you destroy the "armor", the fuel tanks on the side, it will sink.

I'm too discontent with stock weaponry to continue working on it.

And it really makes me want to update my mods WW2 Warships and Real Ships.

Stock weapons can be boring, especially in atmosphere, it's an "acquired" taste. A boat which actually sinks. If it's damaged engough sounds great though!

Edited by MiffedStarfish

Just now, qzgy said:

This seems like a massive design flaw...

Depends on how you want to play the game. I've never understood why the remains of stock ships should float when the hull is partially destroyed. It's opposite of real life. That's why I designed my mods, they were the first with the ability to sink ships (and make them as real as possible in size and mass).

1 minute ago, Azimech said:

Depends on how you want to play the game. I've never understood why the remains of stock ships should float when the hull is partially destroyed. It's opposite of real life. That's why I designed my mods, they were the first with the ability to sink ships (and make them as real as possible in size and mass).

Matter of taste. It does make sense that ships should sink though. Also, what version is that mod and where are the guns from? I might play with it later.

Just now, qzgy said:

Matter of taste. It does make sense that ships should sink though. Also, what version is that mod and where are the guns from? I might play with it later.

The most recent version is 0.5 but I've heard there are problems with it in KSP 1.2+. The last time I've updated it was during 1.0.5. When 1.1 arrived I was very disappointed with the water problems. Those have been solved but I continued work on other mods. It seems BDA has changed and I'd need to provide a transform for models to provide armor. I don't even have Unity installed at the moment. The weapons mod is NAS.

WW2 Warships works best in KSP 1.0.5. All required mods work and I have them so if you still have 1.0.5 I would be happy to provide them.

Just now, Azimech said:

The most recent version is 0.5 but I've heard there are problems with it in KSP 1.2+. The last time I've updated it was during 1.0.5. When 1.1 arrived I was very disappointed with the water problems. Those have been solved but I continued work on other mods. It seems BDA has changed and I'd need to provide a transform for models to provide armor. I don't even have Unity installed at the moment. The weapons mod is NAS.

WW2 Warships works best in KSP 1.0.5. All required mods work and I have them so if you still have 1.0.5 I would be happy to provide them.

Pity. My earliest version is 1.1.3. Well, thanks anyways.

Ok, the large battleship is on KerbalX. Not sure how well it works as an actual battleship, but it looks pretty.

https://kerbalx.com/qzgy/Battleship-Princeton

Needs to be self armed. There are "mounting points" (cubic octagonal struts), or you can attach it to the top I-beam spine, hidden in the super structure.

okay, my thing is no longer a sub, it's now a ship that looks REALLY sleek, I just need to iron out the bugs, and fix a few things, and I'll have it uploaded

I also have a 2 stage missile design for the ship and whatever I choose to make after it

I did a bit more work on the little VTOL tonight, but I still don't have a real name for it, so I'll leave it to you to come up with that

xnnObdd.jpg

I replaced the engine with an afterburning Panther, so it has a little more power (it can do a near-vertical takeoff now, as long as you engage the rear engines quickly), and the option for an afterburner.

za5DKDM.png

gQFV54G.jpg

I imagine the best way to aim these bombs is through dive bombing, but since this is a VTOL you may have trouble with that...

cEXuwCU.jpg

I also added a discreet safety parachute in case the craft becomes uncontrollable at low altitude. It can land the craft on it's own, but it helps to keep control of the attitude and give a slight burst from the main engine right before hitting the ground.

Although I'm still a little concerned about just how well made this thing is, I'll go ahead and let you have a download so you can do what you need to make it suitable for your series.

Here

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.