Did the keybinding to focus on vessel change?

It used to be that in map mode, hitting backspace would re-focus the camera on your vessel.  That doesn't seem to work anymore.  Has it changed?

Of course it's not in the keybindings menu, but half the controls of the game aren't so that isn't anything new.

Yes, it was changed to be the back quote `

The one with the tilde ~ under the escape key. Since the backspace shared its default function with the Abort group I can see how it could be problematic. It can be remapped in the settings menu.

15 hours ago, HvP said:

Yes, it was changed to be the back quote `

The one with the tilde ~ under the escape key. Since the backspace shared its default function with the Abort group I can see how it could be problematic. It can be remapped in the settings menu.

If I could give you more than one like, you would get it. I've been suffering with this for months, I assumed that one of my mods was interfering with the keybinding.

It's actually changed quite a while ago - back in 1.2.1

The thing is, this key binding stays in your settings.cfg. So if you copied your old 1.2 settings.cfg to 1.2.1 or something like that, then you'll still have backspace as the key.

And then if you start fresh new in 1.3, you'll get the surprise.

I get the surprise when I copied over my settings.cfg to my 1.2.1/1.2.2, and then people talked about the backquote and I was confused why I'm still in backspace. Poking around settings.cfg gave me the answer.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.