I'm losing my mind.  I have a contract to match orbit, and I've matched it visually and painstakingly precise, but I'm not getting credit.  I'm matching the correct direction of orbit:

Any ideas? Here's a screenshot:

Q: My contract won't complete.
A1: Are you sure you're orbiting in the right direction? Watch how the highlights on the target orbit are moving. You should be going in the same direction. Also check the AN and DN markers, if they are close to 180 you are orbiting in the opposite direction.
A2: The contract system still contains a few bugs. If you are confident you've met all the contract requirements don't despair, Quicksafe [F5] and exit the game. Restart the game and return to the craft that failed to complete. Almost guaranteed now the contract will complete without a problem

Look at the contract details (Orbit Specifics, third item): it requires a 180 degree inclination, while your AN seems to have a 0 degree inclination (iow, you need to be turning the opposite way).

Ignore please... I knew better than this but it came out of my keyboard anyway. Leaving it up instead of deleting to shame myself into not posting when I have a full-on headache going.

Edited by swjr-swis
sigh

29 minutes ago, swjr-swis said:

Look at the contract details (Orbit Specifics, third item): it requires a 180 degree inclination, while your AN seems to have a 0 degree inclination (iow, you need to be turning the opposite way).

No. Stock AN/DN never shows equatorial inclination - the AN in the picture is inclination relative to the contract orbit, so 0 degree means OP is going in the right direction, regardless of whether the contract orbit is prograde or retrograde.

52 minutes ago, FancyMouse said:

the AN in the picture is inclination relative to the contract orbit, so 0 degree means OP is going in the right direction

<sigh> And I knew that... proof positive it's never a good idea to try answer questions while the morning headache is still at full blast. :/

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.