Mono.dll crash in 1.2.2

Hello. I have recently returned to KSP after a break and have started a fresh install with RSS, RO and a plethora of other mods. I reached about 50% loading and the game crashed (crash folder here). I decided to try again after removing a mod that was already sketchy and I got the same result (crash folder here). I went through all of my mods and removed a few that were for 1.3 instead of 1.2.2 and replaced them with the correct versions. All of my mods now came up as compatible for either 1.2.2 or 1.2 (KSP AVC). I also ran the game in OpenGL this time. Still got a crash but with much less RAM usage. Crash folder here. Could someone please point me in the right direction to fixing this? This is my first time using RO but definitely not my first time using mods. I did not use CKAN. Mod list below.

Thanks.

EDIT: Problem solved, scroll down a bit. 

Spoiler

ZyyvRwV.png

Edited by Benji13

3 hours ago, Benji13 said:

Hello. I have recently returned to KSP after a break and have started a fresh install with RSS, RO and a plethora of other mods. I reached about 50% loading and the game crashed (crash folder here). I decided to try again after removing a mod that was already sketchy and I got the same result (crash folder here). I went through all of my mods and removed a few that were for 1.3 instead of 1.2.2 and replaced them with the correct versions. All of my mods now came up as compatible for either 1.2.2 or 1.2 (KSP AVC). I also ran the game in OpenGL this time. Still got a crash but with much less RAM usage. Crash folder here. Could someone please point me in the right direction to fixing this? This is my first time using RO but definitely not my first time using mods. I did not use CKAN. Mod list below.

Thanks.

Reveal hidden contents

ZyyvRwV.png

Your log is not particularly helpful (by which I mean it doesn't jump out and tell me what caused the crash), but I notice alot of your Mods AVC files are reporting that they are 1.3 version (whether or not that is accurate, I wouldn't be able to say).

Not 100% familiar with RO, so it may be that dependencies and such don't allow you to do this, but if it were me, I'd use the 50/50 method.

That is:

Move half your mods outside the GameData folder and load the game. If it loads, you know the problem is in the ones you removed, if it doesn't, test the second batch, if that loads, then the problem is in the first half.

Split the "problem batch" in half again, and repeat, until you've narrowed it down to the one that's causing the issue.

Obviously you need to keep dependencies in the folder, which may mean you can't split it exactly 50/50

Edited by severedsolo

16 minutes ago, severedsolo said:

Your log is not particularly helpful (by which I mean it doesn't jump out and tell me what caused the crash), but I notice alot of your Mods AVC files are reporting that they are 1.3 version (whether or not that is accurate, I wouldn't be able to say).

Not 100% familiar with RO, so it may be that dependencies and such don't allow you to do this, but if it were me, I'd use the 50/50 method.

That is:

Move half your mods outside the GameData folder and load the game. If it loads, you know the problem is in the ones you removed, if it doesn't, test the second batch, if that loads, then the problem is in the first half.

Split the "problem batch" in half again, and repeat, until you've narrowed it down to the one that's causing the issue.

Obviously you need to keep dependencies in the folder, which may mean you can't split it exactly 50/50

I thought it might come to the old 50/50. I'll try it out and see how it goes.

First delete all mods ,then install Active Texture Management (any version available) then install mods one by one (after installing a mod then test the game,if the game crashes when installing a mod,then you shouldn't use the mod) 

It worked for me (ksp 1.2.2). With many mods

35 minutes ago, tsaqif2462 said:

First delete all mods ,then install Active Texture Management (any version available) then install mods one by one (after installing a mod then test the game,if the game crashes when installing a mod,then you shouldn't use the mod) 

It worked for me (ksp 1.2.2). With many mods

No don't install ATM. It hasn't been updated since KSP 1.0 (mainly because in 1.0, Squad compressed all their textures to .dds, which was the main way ATM saved RAM). Please don't tell people to install ATM, it's a dead mod that needs to die.

Ok so I tried the 50/50 method and both 50s worked fine so I decided that I was just hitting a memory limit. I removed a few big mods and mixed & matched a bit until I got most of the mods I wanted but still managed to load in. I still have to run in OpenGL to avoid crashes. I wish there was a better way to handle the memory limits than 'delete stuff'. Oh well. Time to go try my first ever RSS install. 

@Benji13 all the links to your logs are dead so I can't check but are you sure you are using KSP x64 (64 bit) and not x86 (32 bit). The 32 bit version will only allow you to use 4gb of RAM regardless of how much free there is on your computer. Also, how much RAM does your computer have installed?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.