Vivigluglu

Other creatures than kerbals

11 posts in this topic

I think Kerbin look very habitable, but isn't actually habitable, you can hear bird song or crickets if go to spacecenter though, but there isn't much life anywhere, in early space missions animals is used to test if space travel is safe, and in later missions, they are sent up for science, and one of the main goal for developing rocket technology, space exploration, landing on other planets etc. is to find alien life. So my suggestion is: some creatures live in the ocean of Kerbin (and maybe Laythe), some on land and in the air. They can eat each other, and maybe even if kerbals disembarking on Kerbin isn't careful, they can be eaten. Planes and launching spacecrafts can be destroyed or damaged by aerial creatures (depending on the speed). Like animals on Earth, they are not able to eat spacecrafts or spacecraft parts directly.

4 people like this

Hello, and welcome to the forums! :)

Moving to Suggestions.

Interesting idea, but I'm not sure it work on the scale your're thinking. But a little 0.65m part with some live kmice or krats as a science experiment would be very cool, could possibly help you unlock higher tier pods.

Oh, and welcome to the forums! :)

Saying this for the hundreth time: I'd feel more bad for accidentally flying into innocent flying birbs than for killing Kerbals in spectacular explosions.

No thank you...

(despite mentioning cows, dogs, antelope, tigers, and horses in my stories).

Edited by ZooNamedGames
1 person likes this

28 minutes ago, ZooNamedGames said:

No thank you...

Can I send up space cows and horses plz

1 person likes this

12 hours ago, The Aziz said:

I'd feel more bad for accidentally flying into innocent flying birbs than for killing Kerbals in spectacular explosions.

The "flying birbs" are no more innocent (or existent) that then the Kerbals.

I'd love some life on this otherwise barren planet.

Every planetary body in KSP is incredibly boring.

On 6/18/2017 at 0:17 PM, ZooNamedGames said:

I've also added Arctic Bolfs, Munkrickets and Platypus's... Platipi... platypeople... lol.... :rolleyes:

I'm not sure how you'd implement something like this, but I wouldn't mind some sort of wildlife, especially underwater!  Imagine how cool it would be to find something swimming around the oceans of Laythe... or even weirder... Eve! 

12 minutes ago, Just Jim said:

I've also added Arctic Bolfs, Munkrickets and Platypus's... Platipi... platypeople... lol.... :rolleyes:

I'm not sure how you'd implement something like this, but I wouldn't mind some sort of wildlife, especially underwater!  Imagine how cool it would be to find something swimming around the oceans of Laythe... or even weirder... Eve! 

Or Kerbin... :D

1 person likes this

Maybe they could add a new part like a zoology lab? I know some mods give you those, but I think it would be worth it to make a part like that stock.