Disabling Stock Resources in Favor of Karbonite

2 hours ago, spacedoctor42 said:

I really prefer Karbonite to the stock KSP resource system but my mild OCD tendencies really hate it when redundant/unused systems pile up on each-other. Is there a way to disable the stock resource system and just replace it with Karbonite?

I don't use karbonite, however, if you use MM patches you can disable the Stock Ore.

Using something like:

!RESOURCE_DEFINITION[Ore] {}

will get rid of Ore for scanners and such.

You may need to adjust stock parts as well.

Peace.

1 hour ago, Alshain said:

You don't really need to remove the resource, just repurpose the parts to mine Karbonite.  I do this for Kethane.

Agreed, it just really annoys me with the Survey Scanners have resource options for Ore if I'm running a save with modified parts for mining and isru'ing that don't use ore :)

Peace.

On 6/18/2017 at 5:48 PM, theJesuit said:

Agreed, it just really annoys me with the Survey Scanners have resource options for Ore if I'm running a save with modified parts for mining and isru'ing that don't use ore :)

Peace.

I answered the OP's question (where it was repeated) in the Karbonite thread.

I feel similarly and have a config to remove the fuel modules from the Convert-O-Tron and reserve the stock parts for every other (non-fuel) production chains, however, I don't remove Ore from scanners and drills as some mod will need Ore and I may be okay with that, like USI LS (without MKS) needs Ore for Fertilizer production. For SimpleConstruction and off-world rocket-building, I've tweaked everything in it to start from MetallicOre instead of Ore.

Edited by JadeOfMaar

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.