1.3/RU and USI - Kerbals loose all stats

(Because its probably USI, pinging @RoverDude. Thanks! )

Issue after mission, one of orange crew lost all stats and other kerbals after him on the list - disappeared.
And yet they are listed in "current" (10, 12 max).

This never happened to me before.

TL;DR (as I found reason of bug, but not source of it): Either 1.3ru or USI translates "trait = Scientist" into localized version of "Scientist" in SFS at some point, which leads to this issue.

Details; I did a Mun landing mission, to which I took two kerbals: Jeb/pilot and Bob/scientist;
They got stranded, vehicle lacked deltaV to get in orbit: to get orbiter with fuel to Kerbin and shield.

I think this is important: because mission took a bit long, I quicksaved, then quit the game to desktop.
Later I started the again game, loaded career, then loaded the quicksave.

To recover the two, I created the vehicle with Val/pilot consisting of one mk1 and two empty landing cans. In this vehicle I got to the mun and got the two into the orbit, where the two left Val's craft and entered the orbiter. Both orbiter and val craft headed for kerbin, orbiter into direct descend - val into 100km orbit around - to be recovered later.

Upon returning with orbiter (jeb and bob) I noticed really weird things:
- already in crew recovery screen, Bob lost his profession, his skills, his orange suit.
- in astronaut complex, all other kerbals after him in the list disappeared, this includes tourists. The only thing left were that they were still counted as active above (10 active, 12 max). There were nothing in lost or on mission (val was still on mission, also not listed).

I found the root of the issue: I noticed that in persistent.sfs, in "ROSTER", Bob Kerman (unlike the other above and below) had his trait written in RUSSIAN:
"trait = Учёный" instead of "trait = Scientist". I had another one below, who was a Scientist ("name = Вирдия Керман"), with correct "trait = Scientist".
After I fixed this string on Bob, the issue was gone and all kerbals reappeared.

The big question is - who translated this profession - either USI or 1.3 stock when continuing mun mission from the quicksave.

Pictures and logs:

http://imgur.com/a/LWdMA

persistent.sfs

player.log (compressed as zip, 200mb?!)

• 4 weeks later...

@RoverDude Update, update! New type of this same bug with USI. It looks like USI is writing translated version of trait at some point!
I have current version of USI mod collection installed, all except the Warp Drive.

A kerbal "Лензар Керман" / "Lensar Kerman" , initially from save contract, was recovered by automatic vessel and docked to the station, where he was (and still is) left for a month. He was in the Cupola.

Suddenly, he disappears from bottom right corner and is not displayed in USI LF window (green button), however - he is still there if right-clicking on the cupola.
The Astronaut complex looks like this, with "Label, Line2, Line3" instead of "Ship:..., Place:..., Cabin:..." :

Lfedm4J.png

Here is interesting part extracted from SFS, these two kerbals in the save file are same - except the problematic one has his trait written in Russian, where non-problematic one has it written in English!
"trait = Пилот" is wrong. "trait = Pilot" is correct.

KERBAL
		{
			name = Лензар Керман
			gender = Female
			type = Crew
			trait = Пилот
			brave = 0.551430523
			dumb = 0.736252844
			badS = False
			veteran = False
			tour = False
			state = Assigned
			inactive = False
			inactiveTimeEnd = 0
			gExperienced = 0
			outDueToG = False
			ToD = 7547233.7893521264
			idx = 0
			extraXP = 0
			CAREER_LOG
			{
				flight = 2
				0 = RecruitementLevel2,Kerbin
				1 = Die
			}
			FLIGHT_LOG
			{
				flight = 2
			}
		}
		KERBAL
		{
			name = Досби Керман
			gender = Female
			type = Crew
			trait = Pilot
			brave = 0.135402948
			dumb = 0.390574455
			badS = False
			veteran = False
			tour = False
			state = Assigned
			inactive = False
			inactiveTimeEnd = 0
			gExperienced = 0
			outDueToG = False
			ToD = 7547233.7893521264
			idx = -1
			extraXP = 0
			CAREER_LOG
			{
				flight = 2
				0 = RecruitementLevel4,Kerbin
				1 = Die
			}
			FLIGHT_LOG
			{
				flight = 2
			}
		}

If I change the trait to "Pilot", he is back! The same issue as with scientist.

I can't be walking into the same water twice - alone.

Edit: Here, is what happens after replacing "Пилот" with "Pilot" in SFS and then saving (fixed!):

X1nCTF6.png

• 2 years later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.