Mod bunbles

Noud

hi all,

i just have a question if Mod bundles exist? and if so where to find them?

with mod bundle i mean one click mod pack that contains everything that fits together and don't require you to download a lot of mod individually? 

i like to upgrade my KSP to 1.3 and i like to start a whole new career with mods that make it feel like a new game. but i don't like going trough all the mods again and mix and match until i'm happy. sometimes it feels like i spend more time looking for mods than actually playing the game.

There was a whole big debate a while ago in the forums about mod bundles/mod packs. I believe the conclusion was mod packs are allowed but they have to follow strict licensing rules(feel free to correct me if I'm wrong). However I haven't seen any mod packs.

Licensing issues. Keeping pace with individual updates. Taking responsibility for out dated versions and mod conflicts. And probably a few more issues.

Mod packs in general are a BAD idea.

Ya per the Addon Rules, modpacks are technically allowed (but a lot of authors forbid the usage of their mods in packs and this community has traditionally shunned packs). If you want on what sort of mods to install and which ones will work well together, feel free to ask (preferably in a new thread) and as long as you outline the general idea of what you want, tons of people will help you get a good modded setup.

@Noud Probably best to use the forum search to find them.  As @Jas0n said, there was a (generally civil) debate regarding these.  Do a quick forum search for that thread, and you'll be able to find the accepted formats for these.  

The two users before me who obviously think and type faster than me further outline some issues regarding them, that's you @TheRagingIrishman and @Tex_NL

That said, I have fooled around a good bit with Chaka Monkey Exploration Systems which is by all definitions presented in the debate what a mod pack should be.  However, it is not ready for 1.3 (yet).  They will announce 1.3 compatibility when it's ready.  

So, take a look for what your looking for, and if you do find some mod packs, see if they are presented in their Opening Post in a way similar to that of Chaka.

While not by definition a "Mod Pack", KSP Interstellar Extended is almost an entirely new way to play, and is 1.3 ready.

Like the Irishman said though, asking in a new thread which mods work well together, will likely get the biggest response from the community.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.