KSP Crashing on Mac

Hey Guys!

I've never had a problem with KSP before but now all of the sudden it is crashing. I've tried reinstalling and nothing is working. I have the crash report below.

[Lengthy log file snipped by moderator]

Edited by Snark
Post included a long log file, embedded in the post itself, instead of linking to an external site

Hello, and welcome to the forums!  :)

Just to let you know, I've taken the liberty of snipping the log file out of your post.  I know you meant well-- certainly providing log files can be helpful, and often necessary-- but please don't post long log files in the post itself.  Doing so can cause problems for people, especially if they're on mobile devices.

Instead, if you want to share a log with readers, please post it to some external website (there are lots of them on the internet), and then link to it from your post.

Anyway, back to the matter at hand.  I have no idea what your actual problem is, but I gather you have a bunch of mods installed?  In that case, an important initial step that you need to do is to figure out whether one of them may be causing the problem.  I recommend this technique:

1. Try running with no mods installed.  Does it still crash?  If so, then this isn't a mod problem, and you can post your question over in the tech support forum for unmodded installs.  Otherwise, keep reading.
  2. Assuming that it stops crashing when you uninstall all the mods, it means some mod is causing your problem, and you need to figure out which one.  You do this by a process of elimination.  That's tedious, yes, but it's not as tedious as you probably think-- use the technique below.
  3. Install just half of your mods.  (Doesn't matter which ones.)  Now run.  Do you still have the problem, or not?  This will tell you which half the culprit lies within.
  4. So, toss out the half of your mods that have been proven to be innocent.  Now take the remaining mods, and go back to step 3 above, installing just half of them.
  5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 until you've narrowed it down to one mod that's causing the problem.  Since you cut the list in half each time, it converges pretty quickly-- for example, even if you have 1000 mods installed, you'd need to do 10 iterations at most.
  6. Once you've identified which mod is causing the problem, go find its mod thread in Add-on Releases, and post your question there.  That's where all the experts are for that particular mod.

Good luck!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.