Survey Probe - no experience given?

Hello

I was wondering..I have managed to created my first survey probe, launched it, got a polar orbit and did a survey. All very nice, but I didn't get any rewards. I felt a bit cheated on that one, as it was quite hard, I would have thought at least a tiny bit of science? Any one else manage to get some reward?

Keith

11 minutes ago, Silverwood said:

Hello

I was wondering..I have managed to created my first survey probe, launched it, got a polar orbit and did a survey. All very nice, but I didn't get any rewards. I felt a bit cheated on that one, as it was quite hard, I would have thought at least a tiny bit of science? Any one else manage to get some reward?

Keith

The reward for the survey is that you'll get to mine the target body for ore. Pretty much it's only purpose, as far as I know.

27 minutes ago, Silverwood said:

Hello

Keith

I know there are mods that do stuff like this, "SCAN sat" allows you to create an viewable map of the planet, it also allows you to "analyze" the data, which gives you science for mapping the planet/moon. There is also probably a mod that gives you science for the stock resource scan.

Good luck! (also if you have anymore questions, I recommend asking in the Gameplay Questions and Tutorial section in the forum)

Moving to Gameplay Questions.

Launching probes is a good way to get science in the stock game... but only inasmuch as you put science instruments on it and either transmit the science back to Kerbin, or physically bring it back and recover the ship.

4 hours ago, bewing said:

Scanning for ore does give you science points. It says so at the end of your transmission.

Oh, ok - I didnt see that! Normally you get the review at the end of the mission, but as I am leaving the probe in orbit, I don't get that.

2 minutes ago, Silverwood said:

Oh, ok - I didnt see that! Normally you get the review at the end of the mission, but as I am leaving the probe in orbit, I don't get that.

Understood. Remember to watch the transmission messages the next time you do a scan -- and check your science points before and after.

(Or you can save your game, cheat your scannership to the mun or minmus, do another scan, verify, and then reload your save. :) )

Edited by bewing

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.