Hey all, just a quick question.  I notice that for the Materials Bay & Materials Bay Jr, and as well those small 'materials' packages (sorry, not at my home PC and no notes, but I think Aeronomy, Engineering, Meteorology, and a 4th) that you need to return them for complete science.  I don't remember this from 1.12 (my last long play), and figured it was part of 1.22.  I can justify it in my mind, for proper analysis of the materials being exposed you need to see them in a lab, so I was cool with it.

However, I just orbited that Optical Observation Satellite, that has the shutters that open and the camera lens scans back and forth (sorry I don't have the exact name again), and was shocked to find that it wants it Returned to the surface for analysis before you can get Any science.  At this I think, "what gives, its only Pixels of data."  And; "Its a telescope, why would it be a Single Use (needs to be reset by a scientist) item?"

So, is this functioning the way it is supposed to, or is there a settings tab I missed somewhere that is preventing any transmitted science from this part?  Or, is it Kerbalism that is causing it, which is providing the pop-up messages which tell me that no data can be transmitted?

If anyone knows off the top of their heads, I'd be pleased to see their reply.  If my complete mod-list would be needed, then I will have to re-post my querry on the weekend.  -  Cheers!

This forum is more for questions about how to play KSP. For questions about how to play a mod, it's best to ask in the relevant mod thread - especially for complex mods that deviate very far from stock, like Kerbalism. There, it's far more likely that you will encounter someone who can give you a straight answer.

As mentioned In Dmagic Orbital Science mod thread, the new experiments can be returned or transmitted like regular stock experiments. So, if not a basic issue (e.g. CommNet issues, lack of antenna), its clearly a bug/conflict .