What is the latest and greatest visual mod for KSP?

Raxor30

About 3 years ago was the last time I played KSP, and back then there was a mod that made the planets looks better and added so many stars and things to the skybox. I forget what it was called. It basically revamped the entire game visually. Is there any mod like that, that is for 1.3 that visually makes KSP a whole new experience? Please let me know ty :D

1 hour ago, Raxor30 said:

About 3 years ago was the last time I played KSP, and back then there was a mod that made the planets looks better and added so many stars and things to the skybox. I forget what it was called. It basically revamped the entire game visually. Is there any mod like that, that is for 1.3 that visually makes KSP a whole new experience? Please let me know ty :D

EVE is the only one I know of. it adds lots of clouds and other stuff into the game. Not sure if its what your looking for though since I don't use visual mods.

Keep in mind that Scatterer is somewhat buggy with 1.3 as of now (you have to deactivate the ocean shaders to avoid an annoying glitch that makes terrain tile float around or disappear).

There are currently 3 major visual overhauls :

- Stock Visual Enhancements + Stock Visual Terrain, which is the most basic and the most RAM friendly (with all options, a stock x64 install consumes about 2GB idle).

- Astronomer's Visual Pack, which is the oldest of the bunch, it has some effects that are not as good or subtle as the other two, but it's still quite nice, however it isn't RAM friendly (with all options, a stock x64 install consumes about 4.8GB idle).

- Andromeda Visuals Daydream, which is the newest, has some of the nicest and most subtle effects and it comes at a similar RAM cost as Astronomer's Visual Pack (5.0GB idle, which is within the margin of error).

My take on things is that if you run a lot of mods (I run about 350 lately, consuming about 15GB idle, 24GB peak so far) and/or are limited in CPU/RAM, SVE+SVT is a good way to have nicer visuals without overtaxing your system and losing too many FPS.

If you can afford to go toward something nicer, I'd take Andromeda instead of Astronomer's, it's about as taxing for your system and it has the benefits of being, as of now, the better looking one.

10 hours ago, Raxor30 said:

Is the astronomers visual pack - interstellar v2 good? How about the Andromeda Visuals: Daydream, is that good?

I don't know how it is now, but Astromer's pack between Edge of Oblivion and Interstellar practically removed all the clouds.  If you like clouds, like Earth, Stock Visual Enhancements is probably what you want.

7 hours ago, Raxor30 said:

DCA433C5DE1B50D4ADB99A9BAF8D92110816A1E5

i wish i knew what made the star system look like this back in the day >_<

Skybox Replacements are actually TextureReplacer.   The only thing about that kind of skybox is it isn't real.  It's what Hubble sees, not what your eyes would ever see.  I use a Skybox that @Galileo gave me here which is basically a high-def version of what is in stock. (I got tired of looking at blurry stars)

But hey, if that is what you like, it isn't wrong to use it.  It's your game, play it how you like it :D

On 06/24/17 at 0:40 PM, NSEP said:

I remember when Scatterer first came out. My PC was still kind of bad but i still was baffled by how good it looks.

Lol, it was the planet of fog when it first came out.  It looked awful.  It's reaally good now.

4 minutes ago, Alshain said:

Lol, it was the planet of fog when it first came out.  It looked awful.  It's reaally good now.

I did not care about the fog tho. The fog looked cool to me.

Edited by NSEP

On 23/06/2017 at 1:57 PM, EthanKerbman said:

There are currently 3 major visual overhauls :

- Stock Visual Enhancements + Stock Visual Terrain, which is the most basic and the most RAM friendly (with all options, a stock x64 install consumes about 2GB idle).

- Astronomer's Visual Pack, which is the oldest of the bunch, it has some effects that are not as good or subtle as the other two, but it's still quite nice, however it isn't RAM friendly (with all options, a stock x64 install consumes about 4.8GB idle).

- Andromeda Visuals Daydream, which is the newest, has some of the nicest and most subtle effects and it comes at a similar RAM cost as Astronomer's Visual Pack (5.0GB idle, which is within the margin of error).

Also keep in mind that these 3, unlike Scatterer which does its own thing, need EVE to work. And there's a fourth alternative, also for EVE, which I'm using:

It's is very RAM-friendly, tho obviously not as rich in detail. But, if, like me, you're running your game on this:

20bbfcfdf1f19e417ee7b9baf2a76c22.jpg

...then you'll appreciate it :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.