Scale Model Kerbol System

Clonos

So recently i've watched a video about making a Solar System model, video here if you're interested:

And my birthday is approaching, so i'm here like: ''What shall i do?''

Then it dawned up to me.

How about a scale model of the Kerbol System?

SLYTON AND IT'S MOONS WILL BE INCLUDED TOO.

So here's the plan:

Step 1: Install the MunPocketEdition mod. Check it out, it's really cool. It allows you to use planets as parts.

Step 2: Copy-over Jool and make it Slyton(All rights to the creator for the mod, don't worry :wink:). And also wrangle Kerbin to have the texture not flipped over anymore.

Step 3: Use the KSPRC ground textures and make the vacuum bodies prettier(And the atmospheric bodies too). And edit the textures to give it clouds.

Step 4: 3D-print the ''ships'' via blender and a 3D-printer.

Step 5: Find a good spot. (Everything is scaled down 2.000.000 times so Kerbin something like 3 CM)

Step 6: Place the bodies.

Step 7: Make a video about it. (Might come later)

13 hours ago, ModerndayLink64 said:

Challenge accepted!

(by the way, do you have a 3D printer I could borrow?)

Sorry, i'm gonna borrow one myself actually, i don't have one.

P.S. I was going to do it myself to, but feel free to do it too! I really want to see the results!

Edited by GenesisPlayz

You'll need a bit of space. I recall Bill Nye the Science Guy did something similar with our system. He needed a car.  at 1/4000000 Eeloo is two and a quarter kilometres out,and  Kerbol is still 13 meters across... a bit big for a 3d printer. 

8 hours ago, steuben said:

You'll need a bit of space. I recall Bill Nye the Science Guy did something similar with our system. He needed a car.  at 1/4000000 Eeloo is two and a quarter kilometres out,and  Kerbol is still 13 meters across... a bit big for a 3d printer. 

Then Kerbol won't be 3d printed i guess...

Yes, somehow Kerbol is very big relative to it's planets, gonna have to figure that out...

And thanks to do some math for the model, but i don't think Kerbol is gonna be to scale. I might be something like a headquarters, but that will be a WAY to big project.

3 minutes ago, ModerndayLink64 said:

what if the scale model was done in KSP

seeing how it would be nearly impossible IRL plus it would kinda make sense (making a rss model IRL and making a KSP model in ksp)

That does make sense... I think the sun doesn't have to be to scale except you're Jeb...

4 hours ago, GenesisPlayz said:

With the MunPocketEdition Mod? 'Cause if you did, i wanna know how you textured it.

All I did was make a copy of the pocket jool and scaled it up as well as renaming it. 

I also just used a star surface texture and applied it to the scaled up jool model.

i could email it to you if you would like.

8 hours ago, ModerndayLink64 said:

All I did was make a copy of the pocket jool and scaled it up as well as renaming it. 

I also just used a star surface texture and applied it to the scaled up jool model.

i could email it to you if you would like.

Yeah just send a PM with a download, when i tried making Slyton the same way it just was a huge white ball :P 

1 minute ago, ModerndayLink64 said:

That's right,

i just replaced the texture and renamed the texture to jool because there is a file that I can't edit that I'm pretty sure points to the texture "jool"

Aha! I knew there was something related to the fact i couldn't find a script in the config file about textures!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.