[1.10.1] Next Star Industries: BDArmory Weapons Extension has been merged with Next Star Industries.

On 7/10/2017 at 4:15 PM, Next_Star_Industries said:

Version 1.8 is moving right along and will include several new weapons and a new model for the W87. I have adjusted the camera over exposure effect time and it only occurs with weapons that have a blastRadius of 1000 m or more. There is an issue with explosionFX following aircraft after detonation, this a known BDArmory issue #171 and as far as I know it is being worked on. This update is centering around fine tuning everything and getting it the way I want and expect it to behave.  This update will include a number of nuclear and conventional bombs one of which is in the spoiler posted above. I will be adding a png texture to the explosionFX folder as well. It controls the smoke texture for all explosions and can be modified. Do not rename, change the size, or move this texture or it will break the explosionFX.

Question: in the .version file,  1.7 says min ksp version: 1.2.2. Does it actually work in 1.2.2?

37 minutes ago, XOC2008 said:

You're not the only one. I still can't see any pictures.

Same here...

On 7/12/2017 at 0:11 PM, dundun92 said:

Question: in the .version file,  1.7 says min ksp version: 1.2.2. Does it actually work in 1.2.2?

Same here...

No v1.7 won't I need to make sure I change that. However I have v1.3 of this mod uploaded on Curse and SpaceDock which is just NKD made to work in KSP1.2.2

Edited by Next_Star_Industries

On 7/12/2017 at 1:50 PM, Next_Star_Industries said:

When you guys click the More pictures here link? hmmmmm It's just a link to here https://kerbal.curseforge.com/projects/bdarmory-weapons-extension-nukes/images Did this link work?

No. The pictures in the thread won't show. You know, the ones that should entice us to want to get this before clicking any other links.

Released v1.8 here is the change log.

version 1.8 - Added MK81 GPS, Laser, and Unguided
        Added MK82 GPS, Laser, and Unguided
        Added MK83 GPS, Laser, and Unguided
        Added MK84 Laser, and Unguided
        Added B61 Unguided and Laser
        Added MK24 Nuclear Bomb
        Added Pumpkin Bomb
        Added new model for the W87.
        Added new model for the NSI LV-1 engine.
        Added Honest John Nuclear and Conventional variants (testing stage)
        Minor tweeks to config files of some weapons.
        Adjusted Camera over exposure effect to only appear when blastRadius is greater then 1000m and reduced the time of exposure to 2 seconds instead of 3.
        Added more explosionFX for aerial nuclear explosions for all weapon yields.
        Adjusted check of detonation altitude. Weapons now know if they explode on the ground, in the air, or in space producing different explosionFX for each.
        Added a smoke.png texture for those that want to change the smoke texture of explosions. Do not change the name or location of smoke.png.
        Added a new Category Filter in the advanced tab of the editor for NSI parts only.
        Made more config file and code adjustments/cleanup, adding comments to things to make things easier.
        Updated and changed some discriptions and updated loacalization dictionary to match.
        Added a craft folder to download. Copy the .craft files to your saves/"your save file"/Ships/ and place them into the VAB and SPH folders to have in your saved game or into the Ships/VAB and SPH folders for all games.

On 7/12/2017 at 0:11 PM, dundun92 said:

Work around to make this mod compatible with KSP 1.2.2 is to go into config files of weapons you are wanting and copy the explGroundPath and explSoundPath in the NSI module and paste them into the MissileLauncher module, Then change the explGroundPath to explModelPath leave explSoundPath as is. Now you won't have the extra effects but you will get the mushroom cloud fx of the nukes. The source code is in the download now and it just needs compiled for KSP1.2.2 for the category filter stuff or a couple parts are missing and BDArmory for it as well for the extra explosionfx stuff of mine. Now I believe the only thing that needs changed for the BDA part is Time.time needs reverted back to time.time. Feel free to do what you like with it. :)

12 minutes ago, Next_Star_Industries said:

Work around to make this mod compatible with KSP 1.2.2 is to go into config files of weapons you are wanting and copy the explGroundPath and explSoundPath in the NSI module and paste them into the MissileLauncher module, Then change the explGroundPath to explModelPath leave explSoundPath as is. Now you won't have the extra effects but you will get the mushroom cloud fx of the nukes. The source code is in the download now and it just needs compiled for KSP1.2.2 for the category filter stuff or a couple parts are missing and BDArmory for it as well for the extra explosionfx stuff of mine. Now I believe the only thing that needs changed for the BDA part is Time.time needs reverted back to time.time. Feel free to do what you like with it. :)

Thats what I was doing earlier today (seriously, exactly as you said). I also needed to change names, due to localisation.

3 minutes ago, dundun92 said:

Thats what I was doing earlier today (seriously, exactly as you said). I also needed to change names, due to localisation.

LOL:D yeah that part sucks:/ but it's all in the dictionary file top section. so you know in the config under the author section my cat filter is using it like a tag system if you plan to recompile it it will need them you can also add to it.

@dundun92 I'm going to be running a version for RBDA as well. I have a couple more things to change then I'll release it. If you want to host a current version for KSP 1.2.2 I would have no problem with that. I have no plan to change the source for awhile but there will be quite a few weapons.

8 minutes ago, Next_Star_Industries said:

@dundun92 I'm going to be running a version for RBDA as well. I have a couple more things to change then I'll release it. If you want to host a current version for KSP 1.2.2 I would have no problem with that. I have no plan to change the source for awhile but there will be quite a few weapons.

So far I've done all the Mk8x bombs. I'd be fine hosting a 1.2.2 version. 

1 hour ago, dundun92 said:

So far I've done all the Mk8x bombs. I'd be fine hosting a 1.2.2 version. 

Let me know the link to it so I can add one to Curse, SpaceDock and this thread. Lots of people are asking for it. Then I can remove the 1.3 version of NKD and be done with that. Thanks for doing it. I have one question are/did you recompile the source or just modifying the configs to work? Also wanted to add that all parts of any mod seem to be compatible with any version of KSP just not the plugins if you didn't know already.

13 minutes ago, Next_Star_Industries said:

Let me know the link to it so I can add one to Curse, SpaceDock and this thread. Lots of people are asking for it. Then I can remove the 1.3 version of NKD and be done with that. Thanks for doing it. I have one question are/did you recompile the source or just modifying the configs to work? Also wanted to add that all parts of any mod seem to be compatible with any version of KSP just not the plugins if you didn't know already.

I simply modified the configs, although I have considered recompiling it (havent worked with c++ for 2years though)

20 minutes ago, dundun92 said:

I simply modified the configs, although I have considered recompiling it (havent worked with c++ for 2years though)

The source folder is setup with everything I have in it and built with Visual Studio 15. Remove the references to UnityEngine, Bahaturret.dll, and AssemblyCsharp on the right side. Then add back the references for KSP 1.2.2. Bahaturret.dll is in your KSP/GameData/BDArmory folder the other 2 are in the KSP/KSP_x64_Data. The only thing that should need changed is scroll down the NSIExplosionModule.cs and find Time.time and change it to time.time then just build it. Don't error check first something with the Cat filter shows as errors but if you just build it no errors trying to figure out what is causing it but it works so. This will keep everything for you except of course the localisation stuff. Just to refresh you.:) Feel free to ask me anything I'll help everywhere I can.

4 minutes ago, Next_Star_Industries said:

The source folder is setup with everything I have in it and built with Visual Studio 15. Remove the references to UnityEngine, Bahaturret.dll, and AssemblyCsharp on the right side. Then add back the references for KSP 1.2.2. Bahaturret.dll is in your KSP/GameData/BDArmory folder the other 2 are in the KSP/KSP_x64_Data. The only thing that should need changed is scroll down the NSIExplosionModule.cs and find Time.time and change it to time.time then just build it. Don't error check first something with the Cat filter shows as errors but if you just build it no errors trying to figure out what is causing it but it works so. This will keep everything for you except of course the localisation stuff. Just to refresh you.:) Feel free to ask me anything I'll help everywhere I can.

Also, when installing visual studio, do any of the extensions/addons in the setup options need to be installed? is the KSP SDK needed (sorry for obvious questions, previous c++ experience was for orbiter 2010)

10 minutes ago, dundun92 said:

Also, when installing visual studio, do any of the extensions/addons in the setup options need to be installed? is the KSP SDK needed (sorry for obvious questions, previous c++ experience was for orbiter 2010)

Hey me too I love that game. No nothing just make sure you have C# of course which I believe is there already in it. Once you open the project it should set everything up it'self. I open it by going into the source folder and clicking the project there.

Just now, Next_Star_Industries said:

Hey me too I love that game. No nothing just make sure you have C# of course which I believe is there already in it. Once you open the project it should set everything up it'self. I open it by going into the source folder and clicking the project there.

Ok! I'll give it try when I next have time (probaly monday).

@dundun92 Halt anything you are doing with mod for KSP 1.2.2 I have an up to date completed version for you now. You can download it from here. Now you will need to change the localisation again (sorry) but the explosionFX paths can be left as is. I have added the source as well for you to play around with. Let me know if you change something or come up with something else so I can add it to the master file. I'll explain how all the source is working and how to use it the way I have it, let me know when you go to mess with it. Other wise I'll make a new plugin for KSP1.2.2 if I change any coding in it and you will only need to remove the localisation of any future parts which will be a few:D. (I would do it but my workflow would be screwed if I tried and if you don't mind doing it that's great.) This way you don't have to mess with coding unless you feel like it and it will keep the code clean with a master. With your help I won't have to maintain 4 versions of this thing because if we are going to release it for KSP 1.2.2 might as well and do it for the RBDA version as well which I have to compile still. This mod is not RBDA compatible yet but shouldn't take much to make it compatible it just looks like dll name was changed is all so I'll get started on that soon. I'll need the link to where ever you host it at. Now I'm also starting to think if we are going to do this together that it maybe smarter to set things up on github as it would keep everything in one place. I may start that later as well IDK. 

PS the mod at dropbox is KSP1.2.2 and BDAc 0.2.1.0 ready as is except the localisation. A new thread should be started here as well for it but I leave that all to you.

Have  good one:cool:!

On 7/23/2017 at 1:35 PM, Next_Star_Industries said:

@dundun92 Halt anything you are doing with mod for KSP 1.2.2 I have an up to date completed version for you now. You can download it from here. Now you will need to change the localisation again (sorry) but the explosionFX paths can be left as is. I have added the source as well for you to play around with. Let me know if you change something or come up with something else so I can add it to the master file. I'll explain how all the source is working and how to use it the way I have it, let me know when you go to mess with it. Other wise I'll make a new plugin for KSP1.2.2 if I change any coding in it and you will only need to remove the localisation of any future parts which will be a few:D. (I would do it but my workflow would be screwed if I tried and if you don't mind doing it that's great.) This way you don't have to mess with coding unless you feel like it and it will keep the code clean with a master. With your help I won't have to maintain 4 versions of this thing because if we are going to release it for KSP 1.2.2 might as well and do it for the RBDA version as well which I have to compile still. This mod is not RBDA compatible yet but shouldn't take much to make it compatible it just looks like dll name was changed is all so I'll get started on that soon. I'll need the link to where ever you host it at. Now I'm also starting to think if we are going to do this together that it maybe smarter to set things up on github as it would keep everything in one place. I may start that later as well IDK. 

PS the mod at dropbox is KSP1.2.2 and BDAc 0.2.1.0 ready as is except the localisation. A new thread should be started here as well for it but I leave that all to you.

Have  good one:cool:!

Umm... The link is not working.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.