mono.dll Crashes

I am fully aware that this question has been asked before so I apologize, but every forum post I've found has not worked for me. I am a heavy modder but this problem never happened to me before the 1.3 update. I've tried loading with mods only for 1.3, verifying game files via Steam, reinstalling KSP, and wiping KSP clean. However, after Module Manager finishes, the game just crashes and the error log says it has to do with mono.dll.

Here are the logs: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/8c4vop3nklfpevb/AAAxG1PMPODUV-TjFgQqdutNa?dl=0

If it helps, it seems KSP crashes on the first mod that adds aerodynamic parts (or possibly parts in general).

7 minutes ago, Harry Rhodan said:

There are 191 folders next to the Squad folder in your GameData. Dozens of those mods say that they are made for 1.2 and not 1.3. Open the log and search for "CompatibleKspVersionMax: False" or "CompatibleKspVersion: False".

Yes, I'm completely aware of incompatible mods, however running only compatible crashes my game as well. Do you want me to upload specific logs for just compatible mods?

5 hours ago, SkeletonKing said:

Yes, I'm completely aware of incompatible mods, however running only compatible crashes my game as well. Do you want me to upload specific logs for just compatible mods?

Yes, make a version with only 1.3 mods and then upload the logs. A change in KSP for 1.3 meant that using incompatible mods will cause a crash rather than the mod just not working.

Edited by TheRagingIrishman

12 hours ago, TheRagingIrishman said:

Yes, make a version with only 1.3 mods and then upload the logs. A change in KSP for 1.3 meant that using incompatible mods will cause a crash rather than the mod just not working.

Alright, my mistake.

Here's a link to the new logs: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ymi4qtpotfp782t/AACA745g0CsmMDN7j6qbZIxIa?dl=0

There are still a few outdated ones in there like Kerbal Joint Reinforcement. There's even one that says it was made for 1.1.3. If you are using CKAN, as I suspect, you might want to manually clean your GameData folder of old stuff CKAN either has never seen or somehow forgotten.

44 minutes ago, Harry Rhodan said:

There are still a few outdated ones in there like Kerbal Joint Reinforcement. There's even one that says it was made for 1.1.3. If you are using CKAN, as I suspect, you might want to manually clean your GameData folder of old stuff CKAN either has never seen or somehow forgotten.

Huh, really? I heard somewhere that the latest KJR was for 1.3. Anyways, I'll make sure that I have only compatible mods and see if that works.

EDIT: I have checked mod versions and the 'outdated' mods are the latest versions of those specific mods, meaning they are 1.3 compatible. Idk why output_log says the mods are outdated and for really early versions of KSP.

Edited by SkeletonKing

1 hour ago, SkeletonKing said:

I have checked mod versions and the 'outdated' mods are the latest versions of those specific mods, meaning they are 1.3 compatible.

Unless they specifically say so that only means they haven't been updated. In most cases that's because the mod author either didn't have time to update yet or simply gave up. If you look in the KJR thread for example people pass around an unofficial recompilation because the official old version for 1.2.2 isn't working with 1.3.

On 6/25/2017 at 3:49 PM, Harry Rhodan said:

Unless they specifically say so that only means they haven't been updated.

What I meant to say was that the latest versions of those mods were for 1.3. Anyways, are there any reasons why the game would think that the mods were outdated?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.