Part Tools Broken?

I was trying to edit an IVA the other day, and came across something strange. I installed Unity 5.4.0p4 (64-bit) as per the part tools page, installed Text Mesh Pro, imported the part tools asset bundle. Then I opened up the Part Tools Window, directed the game to my directory "C:\Users\Maksim\Desktop\Kerbal Stuff\Installs\Main Install\Kerbal Space Program\GameData" opened up the internals area, clicked spawn, and got a dozen error messages.

Oykkt6W.jpg

5BKcfFU.jpg

4LqkXB0.jpg

Oddly enough, I did manage to import one internal, but it had no textures.

Xstp99R.jpg

Is this a common problem, or am I being stupid and forgetting to turn on something important?

4 hours ago, TheRagingIrishman said:

make sure there are no empty .cfg files in your GameData folder, they will break PartTools (I know CRP has one or two)

Thanks, but I also set a new clean install as the source, same problem. Checked my other installs too, no luck. Thanks anyway.

3 hours ago, HorizonFulcrum said:

Thanks, but I also set a new clean install as the source, same problem. Checked my other installs too, no luck. Thanks anyway.

Just guessing but could it be the spaces in the parent folders? "C:\Users\Maksim\Desktop\Kerbal Stuff\Installs\Main Install\Kerbal Space Program\GameData"

49 minutes ago, TheRagingIrishman said:

Just guessing but could it be the spaces in the parent folders? "C:\Users\Maksim\Desktop\Kerbal Stuff\Installs\Main Install\Kerbal Space Program\GameData"

Will check, thanks for your time.

EDIT: Am I the first with this problem? Could it have something to do with a 64-bit Unity or Windows 10?

EDIT 2: I have tracked it down to an empty config file, looks like I'll have to manually sift through a 1000 or so configs.

Edited by HorizonFulcrum

1 hour ago, TheRagingIrishman said:

Thanks a lot, it works now although still throws the occasional error or two.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.