What the hell are you doing on the forum?

cratercracker

Hi!

It's me, cratercracker! The guy who you probably heard of, but never really cared!

So.

So,so,so,so,so,so.

Here is the thread, to tell your stories, about joining the forum and what you did here and what you are going to do here.

I am going to start!

So, I started my forum "career" is when I started my "The science behind the ..." threads.

And oh, man. Those were the dark times of mine.

Then I posted my "Beuty" post, it was noticed by the SQUAD. It was the breaking point for me.

I started to post more things! I started drawing and THAT is what made me more or less popular!

What about you?

Edited by cratercracker

My significant contributions...Jool 5 ISRU, stock Rubik's Cube, then after that I started sharing my art a little bit. That really picked up after @Souper made an Undertale joke. But I think I'm most well-known for the cube, especially with my username as a reminder. The name, keep in mind, is original. I didn't change it to that after making the cube. I've been into cubing for over nine years, and I remember when my ultimate goal was to get sub 20. Now I'm averaging 16 seconds, a number which seems to be decreasing at about 2.25 seconds/year. I should be sub 10 by 2020! Woo! I would probably be the fastest cuber on Mars.

I just came to give an opinion, it seems. I actually don't know what I do much here - Half sharing stuff, half discussing things or giving opinion, half trying to help.

I'm lurking! :U ...Oh, you mean in general.

I signed up on these forums for no particular reason, with no particular objective. But I figured it was time to show myself on here and share stuff. I've made a few very eccentric craft designs and shared them, then made a couple of flags and gifted them to some players/agents such as Kergarin Aerospace, Creative Aerospace, a friend I meet in person, and something involving the TARDIS.

GPP was the first planet mod I came across which: Was still in development; Was something other than OPM :P ; Looked particularly awesome without visual mods; even replaced Kerbin and its moons rather than typically add bodies beyond Jool. I took my seat among other potential contributors and offered personality and sample science reports to the planets, and supporting graphics to Galileo himself.

Since then I started growing as a CRP resource wizard, learned a bit about planet making, and modding in general.

What the hell are you doing on the forum?

Well now I tinker with resources, sporadically invent clone parts or reconfigure parts to make things interesting or fill gaps, make LS patches, design sci-fi ships and stations, and contribute things to USI and misc other mods.

Was from time to time invisibly browsing the forum, before that Kerbalspaceport Disaster. (Late Kerbalspaceport Heavy Bombardment.)

When this happened, studied the forum, realized, what is where and how to pick fresh versions of mods instead of gone kspaceport.
From time to time was ready to give answers for some unanswered questions. That was one reason.

Another reason was to keep staying in English-speaking context.

Currently in KSP I'm mostly busy with amateur attempts to mod my personal fantasies (much thanks to Beale with his great tutorial), and also was waiting when some key mods would get upgraded to the latest KSP release (now they are).
So, last year am appearing mostly in Lounge themes, until finishing most part of my personal ideas.

@StupidAndy we love nobody we complain over everybody:wink:

@XLjedi beware the Dark Side ( of the moon... heavy landings there!:D)

Me for my self see above. To communicate maybe help a little, but mostly to say thank you to modders and Squad or people who ocousionaly help me wlth theyr strugles.

Funny Kabooms 

Urses 

Edited by Urses

I've been a member for a while and still not sure what the hell I do on the forum... besides yellow liquid off moderators... :D (such as @Dman979, @monstah, and a half-dozen other moderators)!

And other than that, I have no real claim to fame.

Edited by adsii1970
Having fun with the whole "banned word" thing... :D

I believe I came for the mods...

I could download them without an account, but then there are the polls...

*drowns in a riptide of nostalgia*

My claim to fame is mostly a joke I made on a KSP Weekly. I'm sure most of you have heard about that.

to read and wrote some stuff ?

at least that's what i was usually doing before joining the ksp forum ^^ i don't remind joing another forum since don't ask me why aside may be early eldery tiredness the need of some nice thought, prolly that prolly this prolly both

I think I joined the forum to add my 2p worth to the 'Thanks KSP team' thread. That was late April 2013.

I soon got interested in possible backstories for the kerbals and their space program so quickly gravitated to the Fan Works section. One of my earliest posts was a page or so of worldbuilding notes, followed by a short story which expanded on a couple of lines from those notes. That short story morphed into the prologue for a rather longer story which I've been working on ever since. I also enjoy reading other fan works.

When I'm not in the fan works forum, I'm usually haunting the Science and Spaceflight forum, or occasionally the Lounge.