Doctor Who Discussion Thread

Chel

Hi all, who's been watching the new series of Dr Who? Next week's episode is the season final, and is going to be very important, and climactic. A ship full of Cybermen, the Master, and judging by the trailer, FLYING JETPACK-CYBERMAN! Anyway, this is just a topic to talk about Dr Who, whether it be the villians, what happened in an episode, theories (can't be completely silly, must have sensible grounds to base it on!), companions, even memes! Just don't rip a fabric in time and space!!! :P

Flying cybermen are not a new thing, they also appeared in episodes from the last series, Heaven Sent and Hell Bent.

This weeks episode was amazing though, much more and more meaningful interaction between characters, finally letting Missy off her leash (why couldn't they have done the 'test' a few episodes ago and had her on adventures earlier!!).

The final episode does have a lot to live up to, and I can only hope that John Simm gives us the Master from the Utopia/Drums sequence, rather than the one he did later from the episodes I cant remember the names of with the flashing skull cgi thing.
Certainly the Master/Missy interactions will be the highlight of the show. Cant wait!!

10 hours ago, Shania_L said:

Flying cybermen are not a new thing, they also appeared in episodes from the last series, Heaven Sent and Hell Bent.

This weeks episode was amazing though, much more and more meaningful interaction between characters, finally letting Missy off her leash (why couldn't they have done the 'test' a few episodes ago and had her on adventures earlier!!).

The final episode does have a lot to live up to, and I can only hope that John Simm gives us the Master from the Utopia/Drums sequence, rather than the one he did later from the episodes I cant remember the names of with the flashing skull cgi thing.
Certainly the Master/Missy interactions will be the highlight of the show. Cant wait!!

Your reaction after going to a Miley Cyrus concert: "kill me, kill me, kill me, pain, pain, me die, me die"

Just now, The_Cat_In_Space said:

I cant remember the names of with the flashing skull cgi thing.

Harold Saxon. He, or she (as he can change genders in regeneration now) appeared in The End Of Time Christmas Special. 

I have a long(ish) theory about next week's episode: The ship is round, long, and wide. It's basically a giant tube. Inside that tube, could be Mondas. The Mondasian Cybermen used a crapton of engines to physically move their entire planet, like the Death Star, back onto a trajectory that intercepts Earth, as told by a Cyberman in the Tenth Planet episode.

My theory is that the Master used the black hole to go back in time to meet Mondas, because the Mondasian medical staff and everything were only beginning to research into 'curing' people of eventual death by putting them in cybersuits and what not, and bring them into the present (how you can get 'out' of a black hole, I don't know).

The Master wouldn't of been seen as a threat to the Mondasians, as the Mondasian Cybermen and all other Cybermen up until John Lim's paradox universe Cybermen only converted humans into Cybermen, and so other species were safe, unless they triggered them. The Master already had a 'relationship' with the Cybermen, actually working with them to hunt down the Doctor, achieve world domination, or even use them as disposable landmine clearers (old Tom Baker episode, can't remember name).

So I'm thinking that the planet Mondas was floating around in space, and either the ship was built around the planet, or the ship was already built, and the planet moved into the ship, like new neighbours coming to live in your street or something. But then, why would there be your normal, friendly, day to day, blue-coloured janitor on the ship? As far as I know, Cybermen don't make messes, or leave rubbish lying around, so why would there be a cleaner onboard a ship housing Mondas?

I just wonder: Is there a gold foundry or radioactive area onboard?